|Date Posted:||Aug 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Sheladia Associates Inc,:
Sheladia Associates, Inc. is a minority-owned and operated business founded in 1974 and headquartered in the metropolitan Washington DC area, with international offices located in Afghanistan, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Philippines, and Zambia. We design and build infrastructure worldwide — both physical and institutional — to support economic growth and strengthen the capabilities of our clients and partners. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service and recognize that successful projects hinge on having the right people on the job and doing it right the first time. Our staff includes some of the most seasoned architects, engineers, construction managers, project managers, technical consultants and support staff in the industry. Sheladia’s unique approach to design, development and implementation of the project includes a clear understanding of project objectives and goals, coordination of local stakeholders and property owners. We strive to provide creative solutions in a sustainable way. Our solutions evolve from our complete understanding of complex regulations, knowhow,and our multidisciplinary approach that takes the project from concept through completion. Sheladia has received many awards for excellence in design and has established an excellent professional reputation for quality work completed on time and within budget. The trademark of our services has been its responsiveness to clients’ needs. This philosophy has been elemental in establishing Sheladia as a leading consulting firm in the region. Sheladia is a professional multidisciplinary consulting firm with experience in Structures and Facilities, Transportation Infrastructure, Energy, Rural evelopment, and Water Resources & Sanitation. The firm has been providing full Architectural & Engineering Services and Development Consulting Services since 1974 in the United States and throughout the world, implementing projects in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and the Americas. Sheladia provides project development services that include economic and financial analysis, policy design and institutional strengthening, planning and feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, environmental and social studies, procurement assistance and management, maintenance planning and management, construction supervision/management, and monitoring and evaluation. In the international arena, Sheladia provides technical assistance to governments, their agencies, and private sector entities to strengthen and support institutional capabilities through organizational development, technology transfer, and training.
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world and Afghanistan. SHELADIA works in over 70 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas. We are currently looking to fill the position of Drip Irrigation Institutional Specialists for Arghandab Integrated Water Resources Development Project (AIWRDP) project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· With guidance and coordination by the MAIL CPMO, review existing irrigation and water supply institutional arrangements and capacity in Afghanistan and specifically in the Arghandab sub-basin;
· In collaboration with DAIL PIU and the drip irrigation engineer specialists, assess the situation in the field, in terms of the proposed network localities, interest of farmers, capacity of entities that could potentially take on the management of the supply system and its services, and capacity requirements of both farmers and the potential managing entity;
· Prepare an Institutional Arrangements Report containing a capacity assessment of potential managing entities, capacity requirements to manage the system, and propose a management structure, operational procedures, eligibility criteria for farmer users of the water supply, connection and delivery conditions and responsibilities, monitoring systems, operational costs, and financing arrangements including charges for water delivery;
· Present a summary of the draft Institutional Arrangements Report to MAIL and stakeholders at the workshop;
· Revise the report incorporating responses to comments by stakeholders;
· Assist the Economists to prepare cost estimates for the institutional capacity requirements, the institutional operational costs, revenues, and financial analysis;
· Contribute relevant sections of the Draft and Final Reports under instruction of the team leader.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
· The specialists must have degree in engineering, business administration, or other relevant qualification.
· Preferably with 5 years of experience in the institutional arrangements and management systems for piped pressurized irrigation supply service. Experience in Central Asia context is preferable.