|Date Posted:||May 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Under the supervision of Provincial Admin Officer, the driver is responsible for a) safe and responsible driving of office vehicles, b) routine maintenance and care of office vehicles, c) take careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, and d) running of official tasks and assisting with other office services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive office vehicles safely and take office staff, official visitors and guests to official destinations as directed;
- Regularly cleans the inside and outside of the office vehicle inside;
- Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery, water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for project vehicle documents and its care, keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly checks;
- Calculates the petrol, oil, and lubricant use on a monthly basis;
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs;
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle;
- Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations;
- Exchanges this information with other office drivers;
- Make sure that the vehicles are used for official tasks only. Any misuse of vehicles will accrue to disciplinary actions including dismissal;
- Any other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
- At least 3 years of working experience as a driver;
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years;
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Secondary school
- Good command on speaking Pashtu and Dari;
- Possession of a valid driverâ€™s license
- Language skills
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience;
- Familiarity with the related routes;
- Personal integrity and reliability;
Reports to Provincial Administration Officer, and accountable to AREDP Senior Management.
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
The position is for at least 12 months and is normally expected to be extended; whereas the initial period till 31 December 2010 shall be contracted.