|Date Posted:||Feb 21, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 25, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the Camp Manager. The Driver will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage soft/hard-shell vehicles ensuring they are in good working conditions.
2. Pick up and drop off employees and clients.
3. Maintain a trip log ensuring passengers sign after each trip.
4. Ensure the vehicle is clean both inside and out at all times.
5. Drive in a safe manner at all times.
6. Ensure vehicle is inspected daily notifying any faults to the ground transport manager
7. Attend ground transport department meetings.
8. Carry out any other relevant duties requested by the Supervisor.
â€¢ 2 to 3 years of driving armored vehicles experience
â€¢ Good in speaking English
â€¢ Ability to take direction
â€¢ Experience in working with a large NGOs, or International organizations would be an advantage
â€¢ Experience of driving armored/hard shell vehicles in field and provinces with organizations of well repute
â€¢ Secondary School
â€¢ Minimum 2 years of experience in driving armored/hard shell vehicles
â€¢ Good speaking in English and as well as in local languages i.e. Pashto and/or Dari.
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability