|Date Posted:||Feb 22, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
General Statement of Duties:
Duties include operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and staff courtesy; performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary; fuelling the vehicles; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported; preparing accident and incident reports as necessary; providing safety briefing to passengers and providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Check vehicle for proper operations including but not limited to: oil, tires, wipers, lights, fuel and doors and hitches.
2. Driver ensures vehicle is not overloaded.
3. Driver knows route and has reviewed it with other drivers. Take frequent rest breaks.
4. Fuel vehicles at the same time-keep vehicles clean.
5. Understands emergency and phone procedures.
6. Ensure that the assigned vehicle is well maintained, clean and road worth.
7. Check the vehicle condition/ requirement and fill in the logbook correctly and completely.
8. Ensure the proper maintenance and servicing of the assigned vehicle take place on a day-to-day basis and report to supervisor/ manager on time.
9. Check the car for spare tyre and other primary tools
10. Advise the messenger to use seatbelt
11. Non Official stop on the road, and not allow to take the military
12. Responsible for any damages caused by carelessness of the driver
13. Drives office vehicle to transport authorized personnel and delivers/ collect mails, documents, cargo, pouch, and/ or other items.
14. Ensure that the step required by rules and regulation of the organization are taken, incase of involvement in an accident report immediately to the supervisor.
15. During field trips the drivers are under the authority of the group responsible.
16. Follow all traffic rules strictly while on the road. Safety precautions both for him and the passengers should be taken at all times.
17. Be responsible that nobody is using the car for private purposes.
18. Be prepare to spend several days in the field and drive everywhere he is assigned for provinces.
19. The Driver is responsible to keep the vehicle clean and tidy both inside and outside all the times.
20. Perform all duties assigned by the Head Driver.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately, including ability to read and interpret road signs; ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of police traffic; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees; ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports; extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s); ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs; ability to perform minor vehicle repairs; skilled in reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions.
Primary school education, must be a minimum of 28 years of age, and possess and maintain a safe driving record; experience of driving in Kabul and other provinces, must posses a valid drivers license.