|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 31, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
About American University of Afghanistan:
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2019 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
AUAF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Full-time position as Driver based in Kabul.
Ø Drive the assigned vehicle in a proper and sensible manner in adherence to AUAF’s transportation policies and procedures, considering weather and road conditions at all times.
Ø Drive carefully, do not exceed speed limits and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
Ø Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, breaks, tires, etc.
Ø Helps the mechanic with repairs, arranges for major repairs, and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
Ø Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes greasing, etc.
Ø Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of an accident.
Ø To report any mechanical problems to the Transportation Manager in a timely manner.
Ø Perform any other duties, as required
Key outcomes include:
Ø Be on time on duty
Ø Take care of the AUAF property
Ø On time report to the Transport Coordinator/Transport Manager
Ø Make sure of the vehicle situation at all warm and cold climates
Ø Take care of the journey security and traffic issues
Ø Good communication with clients
Respect all AUAF rules
Requires travel to provinces:
- Demonstrate an understanding of English spoken and written.
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto.
- Excellent knowledge of Kabul geography.
- Armored Vehicle certifies.
- Previous experience in transport affairs, driving, and mechanical skills in Armored and soft skin vehicles.
- Diving skills to use 4wheel vehicles
- Knows and following the traffic signs and rules including the security rules
- Knows the city roads, ministries, hotels, schools
- Problem-solving with clients
- Using the communication equipment
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Driver’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Look after the AUAF vehicle properly.
- Clean and wash the vehicle regularly
- Maintain vehicles log book and get it filled by passengers.
- Be aware of service time, oil change etc and inform the Transport Officer.
- Report about the abnormalities of the vehicle and propose the best workshop for repairs.
- Refuel the vehicle regularly.
- Don’t leave the vehicle un-attendant.
- Be alert and attentive when on duty and make sure that all doors and windows are closed and locked.
- Be on time for your duty
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/ or officer.
- Before starting the vehicle check.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Valid driving license,
- Proven 3-5 years driving experience with a national or international organization.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements.
- Willingness to be flexible in daily activities and willingness to work overtime.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Technical radio skills.
- Willingness to travel to field areas on short notice.
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word to email@example.com Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Driver” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before May 31, 2019. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.