|Date Posted:||Oct 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The incumbent will be based within the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock/SNaPP-2 and will perform his duties under the direct supervision of the Administration Manager.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must be in good health.
- Must have a guarantor to guarantee his identify and be able to bring guarantee letter.
- Must be an Afghan national birth a valid Tazkira
Duties & Responsibilities:
The diver will perform the following duties:
- Operate the vehicles as assigned by the project.
- Maintain vehicle logbook in accordance with MAIL policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions before/after each trip routinely report needs and problems to supervisor.
- Adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Keep the vehicle always ready, clean and on standby and ready for use all times.
- Undertake field assignments with the project staff to the provinces.
- Check the mechanical status of the assigned vehicle on a daily basis; wash and clean it regularly;undertake minor repairs and report immediately the major repairs to be carried out.
- Ensure timely servicing of the vehicle, as and when necessary.
- Promptly report accidents involving the assigned vehicle in accordance with the established rules and regulations.
- Take responsibility for refueling of the assigned vehicle through the immediate supervisor.
- Perform any other functions as may be required from time to time, and as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- High School education essential, Diploma will be preferred.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with international NGO/Government/Donor Funded projects in similar position.