|Date Posted:||Dec 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
The incumbent will be based within the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock and will perform his duties under the direct supervision of the Administration Manager.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must be in good health.
- Must have 2 guarantors to guarantee his identify and be able to bring guarantee letters.
- Must be an Afghan national birth a valid Tazkira.
- Must have UN experience and know UN rules and regulations.
- Must have 3 years of experience with armored vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The diver will perform the following duties:
- Operate the vehicles as assigned by the project.
- Maintain vehicle logbook in accordance with MAIL policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions before/after each trip routinely report needs and problems to supervisor.
- Adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Keep the vehicle always ready, clean and on standby and ready for use all times.
- Undertake field assignments with the project staff to the provinces.
- Check the mechanical status of the assigned vehicle on a daily basis; wash and clean it regularly; undertake minor repairs and report immediately the major repairs to be carried out.
- Ensure timely servicing of the vehicle, as and when necessary.
- Promptly report accidents involving the assigned vehicle in accordance with the established rules and regulations.
- Take responsibility for refueling of the assigned vehicle through the immediate supervisor.
- Perform any other functions as may be required from time to time, and as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Primary education essential, secondary education will be preferred.
- 7 years of relevant work experience with international NGO/Government/Donor Funded projects in similar position.