|Date Posted:||Mar 16, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Type:||Agency Staff|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Over the last ten years, Afghanistan witnessed two major shortages of supply of locally grown wheat due to sharp decline in local production, and limited supply from traditional export markets in neighboring countries. As a result, many Afghans especially those living in rural and remote area suffered from severe shortage of wheat which is described as a major food intake in the country.
In response to the described challenges, the Government of Afghanistan, represented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL), is planning to establish a Strategic Grain Reserve to be primarily used in responding to such emergency situations, and requested the support from the World Bank in this regard.
The Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) is a World Bank funded project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) through the establishment of transitional Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and would have three components: (i) Establish physical infrastructure (grain silos) to reserve grain; (ii) Strengthening institutional capacity to operate the strategic grain reserve; (iii) Establishment of a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the short term to be in charge of managing all project activities.
The Driver of SGR project is responsible for driving assigned vehicle(s); ensure day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, including keeping the car clean and observing social etiquette; and ensure timely attendance of the log book by recording, route orientation, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, lubrication, etc. The driver is to report directly to transport assistant and admin department.
Requires travel to provinces:
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
Fluency in Dari and Pashto is required. Speaking English is an asset.
Ability to operate mobile telephones and handheld radios
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel.
· Interact with occupants and staff in a professional manner.
· Deliver and collect project’s documents and other items.
· Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
· Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
· Provide technical assistance when the vehicle develops technical faults.
· Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
· Keep log book updated all the time by including information about officials travelling, per trip mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
· Be able to work on occasional evenings and weekends.
· Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are considered in case of emergency.
· Perform other relevant duties as required by transport assistant or admin department
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The candidates should have the capacity to read and write, with at least three (3) years of working experience in a similar field.
12 Class graduate
Please send your update CV electronically to email@example.com
The email subject line must be: (Driver– 72/MAIL/SGR).
Please note that any/all application submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Offering the contract to the successful applicant is subject to fund availability from the donor.