|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 24, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
The project Livelihood promotion in Tajik – Afghan Cross Border Areas (LITACA) is the third phase of a Socio-Economic development project between the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the Republic of Tajikistan executed by Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Afghan side and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Tajikistan Office in Tajik side. The project is funded by the Government of Japan through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
The project is funded by the Government of Japan through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The duration of the project is from (April 2021 to December 2024) and covers nine districts in the provinces of Badakhshan (Shahr Buzorg, Khahan), Takahr (Cha aab, Yangi Qala, and Dasht e Qala), Kunduz (Imam Sahib, Qala I Zal), and Balkh (Khulm, Kaldar) that are bordering with Republic of Tajikistan’s Khatlon province (Shaartuz, Qubodiyon, Jayhun, Dusti, Panj, Shamsiddin Shohin, Hamadoni, Farkhor).
The project LITACA aims to promote stability and security in the bordering provinces of Tajikistan and Afghanistan. This will be achieved by reducing poverty, supporting economic development and cross-border collaboration among the communities along the Tajik-Afghan border. More than 152,976 people will directly benefit from LITACA project while the livelihoods of more than 1,123,000 people living in target bordering communities will be strengthened. The project will offer capacity development opportunities for the local governments, civil society and private sector organizations to sustainably manage local socio-economic development. As well, the project will offer investments for rehabilitating priority infrastructure initiatives and business development as a means of improving livelihoods of the target population.
To achieve the above, OVOP aims at mobilizing rural communities for bettering their lives by empowering themselves to establish and run their joint businesses. OVOP is a known tool for rural development that takes the local and the less celebrated and transforms them into value-added, widely recognized products. The initiative also emphasizes the use of indigenous natural resources, unique traditional techniques and high quality of products.
LITACA (2021-2024) will be implemented and built on the successes and lessons learn of LITACA II (2018 – 2020) LITACA I (2014 – 2017).
The Driver will provide transport services, drive all types of vehicles and perform various office errands in an efficient manner. The incumbent is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services and ensure the proper use of vehicles;
- Drive project vehicles for all transportation requirements of personnel and visitors, as well as meeting official personnel at the airport as required;
- Should be able to drive different types of vehicles e.g., pickup, land cruiser etc.;
- Ensure daily maintenance checks of the assigned vehicle by checking oil and water levels, battery, breaks and tires, among others, and perform engine troubleshooting when necessary;
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean at all times;
- Should be familiar with the traffic rules and regulation of Afghanistan and should take care of the traffic sign while travelling inside or outside the city;
- Ensure that all necessary legal documentation and permits (both for vehicle and driver) are available while travelling inside or outside the city;
- Keep records and availability of required documents inside the assigned vehicle including registration documents, insurance, vehicle logs, city destination maps, first aid kits, personal protection equipment and spare parts
- Immediately report incidents in case of traffic accidents in accordance with policies and procedures
- Deliver and collect letters, mail, documents and other items between offices as required;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, etc.;
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle carries logbooks (both fuel and journey description), ensure logbooks are properly maintained/completed, and ensure that it is signed off by the passenger or while picking and dropping to the final dictation staff;
- Responsible for the safety of on-board passengers by adhering to security and transport procedures;
- Should be able to work late and if required on holidays;
- Make sure that the vehicles are used for official tasks only. Any misuse of vehicles will accrue to disciplinary actions including dismissal;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor;
Knowledge/Experiences, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities Required:
Candidate should have High School Certificate /educational institute professional institute and must have technical understanding of vehicles machinery.
At least 3 years of relevant experience, working with an NGO or Government Organization. Work experience in vehicles workshop would be an asset. Also, the driver must be physically and mentally fit.
Demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national cultural backgrounds
Produce work or conduct the assignment with acceptable standard
Excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
High sense of responsibility; operate in compliance with road and safety regulations and rules
Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated log sheets, time sheets, trip forms, incident and accident reports
Remains calm, in control even under pressure
Must be willing to work longer hours, weekends and in shifts when required.
Fluency in both Pashto and Dari is required. Basic English-speaking ability will be an asset.