|Date Posted:||Jun 29, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jul 6, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable town and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in the UN Habitat Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (ROAP) at Kabul duty station.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992 with funding support of USAID, Japanese and Australian Governments, EU, CIDA, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Kingdom of the Netherlands and several other bilateral donors and multilateral donors. During this period, its programme has expanded to include a wide range of human settlements initiatives, from humanitarian emergency support to small-scale neighborhood level improvement schemes to municipal scale governance reforms.
Operations Section, UN-Habitat Afghanistan Programme is responsible for providing professional, timely, accurate, effective, and efficient support to the country office programme by ensuring that financial resources are unitized in the best interest of the organization and in line with UN rules and regulations. The Operations Section comprise of Finance Management, Human Resource Management, ICT, and security.
Under the direct supervision of the Transport/logistics section the incumbent will perform the following duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel, plan and schedule routing.
• Collect and deliver of mail, documents, and other items; meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
• Optimize use of the vehicles; assist in the registration of new vehicles, renewal of insurance, disposal of vehicles and getting local driving licenses for the international staff.
• Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.
• Maintain records of all travels and overtime records as well.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
• Perform other related duties as required.
The Driver should have basic education, a considerable experience in driving light and heavy vehicles in rural conditions in Afghanistan. He should be in possession of a valid driving license and should be able to undertake basic mechanical repairs to project vehicles as required. Previous work experience of at least 2 years with UN agency is essential. A basic knowledge of English language is preferable.