|Date Posted:||Oct 10, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
can travel to provices .
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintains the assigned vehicle day-to-day, checks oil, battery, water, brakes and tires etc.
2. Performs minor repairs and ensures that the assigned vehicle is clean and road worthy.
3. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes etc.
4. Ensures that at all times the vehicle is equipped according to the safety and security rules, with the correct tools and spare parts (functioning jack, an approved tool kit, a spare wheel with a properly inflated tire and an approved first aid kit).
5. Reports all accidents, or other incidents involving other vehicles or pedestrians, to the Transport Supervisor as well as vehicle damage or malfunction.
6. Vehicle must at all times be kept clean, interior and exterior.
7. Ensure that the vehicle undertakes regular service intervals.
8. Make sure that the vehicle always has sufficient fuel to accomplish the designated runs. Prior to departure for field trips ascertain the perfect running conditions of the vehicle and to have the tank full.
9. Make sure to complete the car log sheet for mileage and fuel consumption control.
10. Submit proper receipt for purchase of fuel or any other needs related to the vehicle prior authorization.
11. Record and document any accidents or collisions however minor and report such incidents to the Transport Manager /Transport Supervisor.
12. Be prepared to work flexible longer hours and to travel long distances whereby several overnight stays may be necessary in different regions of Afghanistan.
13. Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness which involves BSL and its officials.
14. Collect and deliver mail/documents as assigned.
15. Having always updated driving license.
16. Perform any other duties as may be required.