|Date Posted:||May 7, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The DWH Engineer is responsible for Perform database analysis and design in solving complex problems. Define architecture, including database structures and metadata, and develop and maintain best practices for data extraction, data loading, and data transformation into and out of a data warehouse or data mart.
Develop metadata definitions from business rules and have an intimate familiarity with data modeling, CASE. Establish the data management framework that improves the data quality and standards for both database structures and repository.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage, overseeing and support overall operation for DWH system
2. Provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise (SME).
3. Identify new user requirements, analyze current issues and determine appropriate course of action.
4. Ensures systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Management procedures.
5. Communicate periodic status reports for current DWH project and/or current issues.
6. Manage and conduct DWH training for users when necessary.
7. Gathering user requirements periodically and discuss with end users if some reports need to be implemented as per business requirement.
8. Manage system update, system upgrade and user requests effectively and minimizes the risk of system changes by having detail assessment and implementation plan.
9. Solve and manage DWH problem within agreed SLA.
10. Perform any other official duties assigned by the superior(s).
â€¢ Education: Bachelor's or undergraduate degree in Business Administration , Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is Preferred.
â€¢ Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field (DWH system).
â€¢ Strong analytical skills.
â€¢ Very good knowledge in SQL/PL SQL.
â€¢ Strong knowledge in DWH system in Telco industry.
â€¢ Good skill on database maintenance and SQL query.
â€¢ Very good team worker.
â€¢ Ability to work under pressure.
â€¢ Good communication skills.
â€¢ Able to grasp new concepts.
â€¢ Eagerness to learn new concepts and technologies.
â€¢ Professional Certifications: OCA (Oracle Certified Administrator), OCP, OCM or MCDBA (MS Certified Database Administrator) are MUST.
â€¢ Certification may be waved away if the candidate has strong skill sets. Ability to prioritize work, estimate effort and resolve conflicting priorities.