|Date Posted:||Jun 27, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
About Afghanistan Holding Group:
Afghanistan Holding Group (AHG) has been providing an outstanding and satisfactory turn-key business services to over 220 international companies in Afghanistan since 2009. AHG employs over 200 full-time and highly qualified Afghans to produce tailor-made professional services to its clients across the country.
The Office of Prisons Administration (OPA) seeks an Economic Development Expert for an anticipated project. The expert is required to develop a program to align inmates’ skills with the labor market so that they can generate incomes for themselves and contribute to the financial sustainability of prisons by finding markets for their products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct comprehensive research on similar economic development and rehabilitation plans for inmates in other countries in the region.
2. Develop relevant economical marketing strategy for smooth implementation
3. Ensures all economic development and strategic plans to admire current OPA Sustainability Plan.
4. Promotes development opportunities attributes to applicable target markets
5. Prepares budget for presentation and administration
6. Drafts reports and makes presentations when required
7. Identifies and rationalizes economic opportunities
8. Provide economic and business development information
Develops resources required to support, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies
1. Write a policy paper on the current status of inmates and their income generating activities, this paper should thoroughly assess all prisons – assets, liabilities, capacity, inmates’ skills, among others – and provide practical and market-oriented recommendations for policy making and planning
2. Develop a comprehensive plan based on the above recommendations – after their approval from OPA’s leadership
3. Attract international donors to support this initiative
4. Review and assess the implementation of the plan and report to his/her line manager and OPA leadership
5. Develop – with the help of other departments – an online database to monitor progress and assess quality
6. Initiate this reform from Kabul prisons and roll-out this program to provinces
Building Staff Capacity:
1. Design and deliver training programs on the new inmates’ income generating modality to the central and provincial offices and implementing economic partners
2. Support Provincial Offices and Implementing Partners in tracking log-frame indicators, undertaking monitoring, evaluation and learning, analyzing economic projects and field information, and consolidating information to track, analyze and report progress.
Promoting Organizational Learning:
1. Produce success stories and lessons learnt during the implementation of the plan
2. Generate and consolidate field visit reports and share critical findings with the OPA leadership and other relevant department staff
3. Lead the compilation, analysis and consolidation of data to write policy recommendations that will inform course corrections where necessary
Administrative and Reporting.
1. Assist the finance departments, prisons and enterprise directors in updating and maintaining the program and economic system;
2. Prepare Annual Operating Plan (AOP) of economic section
3. Submit periodic report on progress made
1. Proactively engage with donors, other stakeholders and support networks to raise funds and awareness on the condition of the inmates and their progress through this initiative
2. Promote equality and ensure the empowerment of men and women staff in the organization and support all other staff in doing likewise, and
3. Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or the OPA leadership
Skills: The Office of Prisons Administration seeks a dependable professional with creativity and initiative, sound judgment and adaptability, and excellent leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, program development, and reporting skills. Specifically, applicants for this position should demonstrate the following:
Skills and strengths:
1. Fluent in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto
2. Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact
5. Proficiency in relevant enterprise-wide software packages and office applications
6. Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
7. Strong coordination/negotiation skills
8. An engaging personality with cultural and gender sensitivity; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse environment
9. Strong organizational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy and meet tight deadlines
10. Business oriented with a commitment to build organization’s agility and grow its reputation
11. Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems
12. A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities
13. Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development
14. Commitment to the vision and mission of the organization
1. At least Seven (7) years’ progressive experience in economic development sector in reputed organization(s)
2. S/he should be able to demonstrate mastery over project planning tools.
3. Have a clear understanding of logical framework and project cycle
4. Knowledge and application of theory of change will be a plus point.
5. Have the capacity to design field surveys, their tools, briefs and guides for field investigators, carry out sample checks of data collection tools such as questionnaires, scrutinize survey database, analyze data and interpret survey results
6. Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
7. Proven and substantive expertise in budgeting, donor reporting and auditing.
8. Sound understanding of development work
9. Experience in developing and managing project-wide information systems
Education/Training: Applicants must have a master’s degree in social sciences with a concentration on economics and development.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply for this position please click here https://bit.ly/2BNrEwA and follow the instructions accordingly.
If you faced any problems opening the link, please copy/paste https://bit.ly/3dCcnfz in your browser and apply through AHG application system.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. AHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.