|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
Design and develop economical and financial policies of National Security Council (NSC) in accordance with the mandate of the line ministries and relevant economic sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan according to the related directorate work plan in order to achieve organizational goals.
2. Study major economic and infrastructural projects at the national and regional level in accordance to the Afghanistan national security policy and strategy;
3. Provide professional comments and recommendation based on Afghanistan national security to NSA and NSC on major economical projects at the national and international level.
4. Participate in development and preparation of policies, strategies and special economical projects within the framework of Afghanistan national security.
5. Tracking mines and petroleum policies and present expert analysis of Afghanistan mines sectors.
6. Establish communication and coordination in order to gain the economic support of donor countries.
7. Monitor and evaluate national monitory policies related to the banking system of the country and monitor proper implementation of laws that forbid money duplication.
8. Develop policies to avoid financing terrorism, and investigate and monitor strict implementation of such policies for the purpose of countering organized economical crimes.
9. Accumulate information and monitor activities of the line ministries, governmental entities, and private sector related to major developmental programs within the country from economical and security perspectives.
10. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs;
11. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
12. Manages staff under their control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard;
13. Conducts performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate.
14. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Economic & Financial Analyst would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have a relevant bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in economics, finance, and or budget security or, in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.