|Date Posted:||Jan 23, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 9, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||40000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
The Editor is responsible for overall management of the newspaper form start of the day till the final printouts of the Paper.
He presides over the editorial board, guides the reporters, decides recruitment criteria and plays role that of a guiding light for development and attaining of the overall AFG Times objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Writing editorials, columns and commentaries;
2. Managing and guiding a team of 40 employees both technical and non-technical;
3. Responsibly strives towards expansion of the AFG Times in the provinces;
4. Presides over the editorial board meeting;
5. Comes up with initiatives to build the capacities of the technical staff.
6. Cooperates with the executive board on designing marketing plans.
7. Represents the AFG Times in meetings, Talk Shows, interviews etc.
8. Checking the newspaper before finally printing for proof reading;
9. Call and animate editorial committee meetings and contribute to the definition of each issueâ€™s editorial line.
10. Supervising the activities of the reporters and other relevant staffs.
Interested candidates should have:
1. B.A or above in Jouranlism;
2. At least 2 years of experience working in media; preferably in English
3. Exceptional English writing abilities;
4. High analytical abilities on key issues of political interests in Afghanistan;
5. Great management abilities;
6. Has a vision to expand AFG Times in the provinces;
7. Is patient and can work long hours;
8. Multitasking abilities;
9. Thoroughly understands the work environment of a newspaper;
10. Is a man/women who can be a source of inspiration for others to excel their performances