|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its specialized programs in education, health, youth development, ultra-poor, national solidarity and safety net, as well as capacity development in the country
Education Officer is responsible to implement the project activities such as Community Based Education (CBE), Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), Mosque Based Education (MBE), Early Learning Centers (ELC), Temporary Learning Spaces (TLS) classes for targeted beneficiaries, community mobilization, teaching and managerial skill development for school teachers and to direct beneficiaries/students to receive their need base/emergency education.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Fluency in Dari, Pashto
· Good communication skills particularly in local language (Dari/Pashtu)
· Speaking and writing ability in English
· Good knowledge in Child education system in Afghanistan
· Having experience of working with Government and non-government organizations
· Computer knowledge and skill
· Ensure reports and other reports from concerned supervisor with qualitative and quantitative information
· Knowledge on materials development
· Skill of implementing activities in coordination with District Education Department, other Govt. officials, local elected bodies, NGO’s, project experts and concern community members
· Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Organizational and time management skills are needed to ensure programs are completed by the scheduled time.
· Ability of organizing and conducting different seminars, workshops for teacher and staff development
· Employee must be able adjust technical language and presentation skills for audiences of all levels.
· Interpersonal skills needed to work with a variety of people throughout the organization.
· Honest judgment for assessing staff performance and capacity building of staff for smooth implementation of the program.
· Ability to work under pressure
Being honest and responsible
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Provincial Coordinator to prepare district base school opening plan
- Build up good relationship with different stakeholders in district level and maintain continuous contact with Education Department and Public school.
- Responsible to solve the social problems if any emerged, by consulting with the local Shura, School Management Shura, District Education Director, Hub School Shura, other government agencies and other local institutions, take security measures for the CBE, ALP, ECD schools, teachers and students through involving the said bodies.
- Maintain stock register and materials, check stock & store register regularly and do an inventory physical checking every 3 months.
- Implement workshop at the public school level and make awareness among the community parents, about education and its benefits, about their responsibilities and involve them in Community Base School management.
- Supervise activities of Community Mobilizer and school visit at least 40 schools in a month.
- Keep the program in right track, check Community Mobilizers Action Plan, weekly School visit report, Mothers’ Meeting Report and teachers’ attendance, teachers’ lesson plan and evaluation register, students’ attendance and observe the group activities, performance, class discipline,water-sanitation and hygiene.
- Prepare staff information report, students and teacher’s information report, monthly cash requisition, staff assessment, contract renewal list and send to Provincial office for approval.
- Develop the staff’s capacity of EiE project.
· Implement Child Protection Policy and Child Safeguarding issues in all levels
- Conduct meeting with staffs and follow up field activities and provide regular feedback to maintain the quality.
- Check the refresher/update training module at area/district office, the teaching practices of Community Mobilizers, the lesson target for the next month, the attendance of the teachers.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Bachelor degree in relevant field.