|Date Posted:||Mar 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture Engeenring|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Champion Technical Training Center:
The Champion Technical Training Centre (CTTC) was established under a grant from USAID in 2006 and has gone on to become a leading Afghan NGO implementing more than ten projects across a number of development sectors for multilateral banks, including the World Bank and the German Bank for Reconstruction (KfW), as well as for government agencies, including United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). The projects implemented by the CTTC have focused primarily on infrastructure Third Party Monitoring (TPM), vocational and technical capacity development and training, community stabilization, and health sector projects. In 2017, the CTTC has been awarded a six-year assignment as Monitoring Cosultant for the KfW-funded Economic Infrastructure Development Afghanistan (EIDA) project.
The EIDA III project was launched in accordance with the Finance Agreement signed between the Government of Afghanistan (GoA), Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) and the KfW on December 19, 2018. The Project is complementary to EIDA I and II as well as to the Technical Cooperation (TC) project Sustainable Economic Development and Employment Promotion (SEDEP). The EIDA project has five primary stakeholders: the KfW as donor, the MRRD as Project Executing Agency (PEA), the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) and Mercy Corps as Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs), and the CTTC as the Monitoring Consultant. The Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) are also secondary stakeholders.
The EIDA III project focuses on the rehabilitation of rural access roads, smaller bridges, the rehabilitation and construction of market, storage and wheat fortification facilities as well as seed banks in four Northern Afghanis provinces (Badakhshan, Baghlan, Samangan, and Takhar) and intends to improve market access opportunities, household income, and employment opportunities.
The scope of the single investment financed through the EIDA III project will range between 150,000 and 500,000 EUR and depending on the exact financial volume of each individual intervention, between 15 and 20 measures will be implemented over the course of 42 months (2019-2022).
In order to meet the Monitoring Consultant’s EIDA III project deliverables, the CTTC intends to hire an experienced and qualified Agriculture Engineer .
The initial contract will be for one year with possible annual extensions through June 2023.
2. Level of Effort
This is a full-time position consisting of five days per week. A day is considered to be 8 hours of works.
3. Duty Station
When not traveling to EIDA project sites, the incumbent will be required to work from the CTTC’s MRRD office.
The incumbent will frequently travel to EIDA project locations in Baghlan, Takhar, Badakshan, and Samangan provinces.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Agriculture Engineer has a number of responsibilities focused on specific EIDA III projects (e.g. marketplaces, storage silos, seed banks, etc.), CTTC activities, and PIA deliverables. Within the scope of the EIDA III project, the Agriculture Engineer will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Work with the PIAs as well as with the CTTC’s Team Lead to design and implement agriculture, environmental, and social safeguard data collection surveys in KoBoToolbox as well as site visit report templates for all EIDA III project types.
- Support the PIAs in collecting primary and secondary data using remote monitoring tools provided by the CTTC.
- Working closely with the Remote Management, Monitoring and Verification (RMMV) Lab, develop a comprehensive map to visualize project-related data and review for accuracy and completeness and compare with PIAs’ maps
- Analyse collected data in order to identify and select a list of agriculture project measures and review recommendation(s).
- Analyze the effect of constructing new or rehabilitating existing EIDA III agriculture-related infrastructure (marketplace, seed bank, storage facilities, wheat fortification, etc.).
- Analyse the effect and estimate the impact of new construction as well as the effect of addressing the deficiencies and identified problems in existing physical components.
- Review, verify and report on infrastructure project-related activities conducted by the PIAs at each step of the workflow by ensuring adequacy and accuracy of the information provided by the PIAs through site visits and desk reviews for the following deliverables:
o Baseline Survey Reports
o Feasibility Study Reports
o Final Designs
o Construction Works Reports
o Operation & Maintenance Reports
o Warranty Period Reports
o End Line Survey Reports
Prepare site visit reports and extend support in monthly and quarterly reporting. Perform all other duties as assigned by the EIDA Team Lead.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering or related field from a recognized college or university
- Minimum five years of experience in agricultural value chain development
- Proven experience to review and analyse PIA developed agricultural value chain studies and appropriateness of assumptions, calculations, and interventions.
- Experience working on review of technical evaluation and review of tender documents.
- Experience in impact assessment.
- Experience in writing reports.
- Ability to work well with project partners and GoA (e.g. MRRD) staff
- Experience working on projects in the four EIDA III Northern Afghanistan provinces - Baghlan, Takhar, Badakhshan, and Samangan.
- Demonstrable experience with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with GIS applications is preferred (QGIS, ArcGIS, etc.)
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing technical reports in English.
To apply for this position kindly send your CVs to below email:
Please note, only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position.