|Date Posted:||Mar 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth,Accounting/Finance|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Champion Technical Training Center:
The Champion Technical Training Centre (CTTC) was established under a grant from USAID in 2006 and has gone on to become a leading Afghan NGO implementing more than ten projects across a number of development sectors for multilateral banks, including the World Bank and the German Bank for Reconstruction (KfW), as well as for government agencies, including United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). The projects implemented by the CTTC have focused primarily on infrastructure Third Party Monitoring (TPM), vocational and technical capacity development and training, community stabilization, and health sector projects. In 2017, the CTTC has been awarded a six-year assignment as Monitoring Cosultant for the KfW-funded Economic Infrastructure Development Afghanistan (EIDA) project.
The EIDA III project was launched in accordance with the Finance Agreement signed between the Government of Afghanistan (GoA), Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) and the KfW on December 19, 2018. The Project is complementary to EIDA I and II as well as to the Technical Cooperation (TC) project Sustainable Economic Development and Employment Promotion (SEDEP). The EIDA project has five primary stakeholders: the KfW as donor, the MRRD as Project Executing Agency (PEA), the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) and Mercy Corps as Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs), and the CTTC as the Monitoring Consultant. The Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) are also secondary stakeholders.
The EIDA III project focuses on the rehabilitation of rural access roads, smaller bridges, the rehabilitation and construction of market, storage and wheat fortification facilities as well as seed banks in four Northern Afghanis provinces (Badakhshan, Baghlan, Samangan, and Takhar) and intends to improve market access opportunities, household income, and employment opportunities.
The scope of the single investment financed through the EIDA III project will range between 150,000 and 500,000 EUR and depending on the exact financial volume of each individual intervention, between 15 and 20 measures will be implemented over the course of 42 months (2019-2022).
In order to meet the Monitoring Consultant’s EIDA III project deliverables, the CTTC intends to hire an experienced and qualified Agriculture Engineer .
The initial contract will be for one year with possible annual extensions through June 2023.
2. Level of Effort
This is a full-time position consisting of five days per week. A day is considered to be 8 hours of works.
3. Duty Station
When not traveling to EIDA project sites, the incumbent will be required to work from the CTTC’s MRRD office.
The incumbent will frequently travel to EIDA project locations in Baghlan, Takhar, Badakshan, and Samangan provinces.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Deputy Operations Team Lead and Procurement Officer has a number of project support responsibilities focused on operations and procurement-related activities and deliverables. The EIDA III Deputy Operations Team Lead and Procurement Officer will have the following prime responsibilities:
- Provide operations and procurement-related support to the Operations Team Lead
- Provide operations and logistics support to the CTTC’s EIDA team
- Together with the Operations Team Lead, co-manage the Operations Support Team, including the ICT Specialist and Admin/Finance Officer.
- Manage the Monitoring Consultant’s procurement and inventory in line with the approved budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Monitor PIA tender and procurement procedures along with the award of contracts to ensure conformity with KfW “Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works, and associated Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries.”
- Input data into the EIDA project performance monitoring software (TolaData)
- Generate EIDA performance reports for monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Provide audit and management support for the EIDA disposition fund
- Liaison with GoA agencies and ministries as directed by the Operations Team Lead
- Provide input for monthly ad quarterly report.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the EIDA Operations Team Lead.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The following experience and qualifications are required for Deputy Operations Team Lead and Procurement Officer position:
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, or related field from a recognized higher education provider
- Minimum five years of work experience in a similar position on an internationally funded development project
- Five years of experience in procurement of infrastructure according to international standards.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated experience in financial and operation management
- Familiarity with KfW’s Guidelines for Procurement is preferred
- Proven experience in managing audits. Experience in managing KfW funded disposition fund audits will be an advantage.
- Experience in report writing.
- Demonstrable experience with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with TolaData, Open Data Kit, and/or KoboToolbox is preferred.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing technical reports in English.