|Date Posted:||Apr 1, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Will be able to design electrical circuits for all Users of buildings.
2. Will be responsible for the design, development, and draft of building electrical circuits, switch boards and other appliances as per the signatory codes, standards and scope of work.
3. Witness and approve factory acceptance test of all Electrical (E) products/equipment prior to procurement. Only tested and approved products / equipment is to be delivered and installed at project sites.
4. Preparing project estimates.
5. Will be responsible for design of the required Generator power and type as per demand of the users and synchronizing system of the generators.
6. Will be able to design the communication and site lighting system for a compound.
7. Will be able to modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
8. Will ensure project compliance with respective clientâ€™s specification and scope of work.
9. Shall have sound knowledge of International Electrical codes (ieâ€¦NFPA,UFC,IEEE,UL,ABB,ICE)
10. Will provide standard sheets for calculations, design drafts and narrative.
11. Will advise the Logistics Coordinator on material and equipment specifications for sector specific projects.
12. Will have ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those in the team of work at all levels, with a focus on quality service to internal staff and external clients.
Qualification and skills:
1. Holds Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution.
2. Excellent English communication skills.
3. Excellent knowledge of computers Ms Office.
4. Familiar with Auto CAD and other electrical design software.
5. Develops standard design sheets for electrical design.
6. At least three years of experience in practical design of building electrical circuits.
7. Familiar with the procedure and process of the US Army Corps of Engineers projects.