|Date Posted:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 7, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Electrical Engineer will work under the direct supervision of the Task Order Manager and/or Design Manager. The Electrical Engineer will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The successful candidates must be experienced professionals to lead and support present and near-term projects. Our major needs are in Afghanistan. Depending on experience to date, candidates will support the electrical engineering and design activities for the various projects. Candidates for lead positions should be capable of effectively leading an electrical team through the various stages of project completion, and will be responsible for all technical, schedule, and financial aspects.
2. Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
3. Provide technical expertise to electrical designers for the review of design and acceptability of materials applicable to the design in the review of engineering projects. Responsible for preparing scopes of work, assisting in evaluation of bids, over sight and technical approval of Contractors selection and work product. Provide electrical system analysis studies to project organizations to support proposed expansions.
4. Knowledge of distribution and/or transmission line construction and maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials, and equipment.
5. Possess strong oral/written communications skills to effectively communicate regarding construction of distribution or transmission facilities plus interpersonal skills necessary to operate in a team or consensus decision-making environment.
6. Must have leadership skills, analytical abilities, and business acumen. For the Senior Level positions, the applicant must have exhibited strong leadership and teamwork as well as proven effective project management skills on previous assignments.
7. Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid state equipment.
8. Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist supervisor.
9. Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
10. Prepare project cost and work-time estimates.
11. Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units.
12. Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and recommendations.
â€¢ Candidates should have 3-5 years of applicable hands on experience on related Energy projects.
â€¢ Global awareness and excellent written and spoken communication skills are necessary. Experience should include plant electrical diesel power generation, transmission, and distribution.
â€¢ A BSEE degree is required, and registration as a Professional Engineer is strongly preferred.
â€¢ Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD 2D applications.
â€¢ Very Good English writing and speaking knowledge (Advance)
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values.
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.