|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||9 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Established in 1992, VESTAN Construction Commerce and Industry Joint Stock Company carries out infrastructure and superstructure construction projects in Turkey as well as abroad. Hence, with a staff of professionals, ethical working principles and backed up by advancements in technology to the fullest, VESTAN works for a wide clientele including many key state agencies and institutions in Turkey. VESTAN believes that a professional, high-spirited work environment and staff relations is essential to ensure customer satisfaction. It is with this spirit team-work focus that VESTAN has so far successfully completed many infrastructure and superstructure projects and continues its activities in various provinces of Turkey. Among the finalized and ongoing projects include: reservoirs/dams, drainage and rainwater networks, specially designed mega-schools, administrative buildings in provinces, city halls and cultural centers.
Job Title: Electrical foreman
· THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF THE OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS OF THE WORK.
· ABILITY TO SUPERVISE THE WORK OF SKILLED WORKERS.
· CONSIDERABLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE FOR ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS.
· ABILITY TO INTERPRET AND WORK FROM INSTRUCTIONS, PENCILED PLANS AND SKETCHES, AND BLUE PRINTS.
· ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE AND COORDINATE WITH SUPERIORS, SUBORDINATES, VENDORS AND UNIVERSITY PERSONNEL.
· ABILITY TO ESTIMATE MATERIALS AND LABOR COSTS.
· SKILL IN THE USE AND CARE OF ALL HAND AND SHOP TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT OF THE ELECTRICIAN'S TRADE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plans, assigns, schedules, and supervises the work of power linesmen, electricians, and helpers engaged in the construction, i nstallation, maintenance, and repair of university power lines, electrical systems, fixtures, apparatus, and appliances; participates in the more difficult work.
· Trains and instructs subordinates on detailed procedures
· Conducts periodic inspections and gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments; assures availability of equipment, materials, and supplies.
· Estimates the time and material costs required for projected jobs; keeps cost and job records and submits reports; initiates requisitions for supplies, tools, and equipment.
· Confers with university department officials and makes recommendations on proposed projects.
· Supervises the operation of the electrical repair shop.
· Enforces safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
· Recruits and trains personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools.