|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its specialized programs in education, health, youth development, ultra-poor, national solidarity and safety net, as well as capacity development in the country
Lead and coordinate BRAC’s Afghanistan’s COVID-19 emergency response across Afghanistan in coordination with relevant team members and external stakeholders. Design the response strategy, implementation plan, establish systems and processes etc for high quality, timely and innovative response.
Requires travel to provinces:
§ Substantive technically focused experience in the following subject areas: emergency response, disaster risk management, community engagement/risk assessment with participatory skills
§ Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
§ Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavour
§ Skills on self awareness, cultural sensitivity, flexibility and adaptability, resilience
§ Proven ability to work under pressure and to use limited resources effectively, conducting risk analysis and applying contingency measures to adjust plans and resources effectively
§ Multi-ethnic work environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
§ Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
§ Proven skills in developing and leading high performance teams delivering on performance targets. Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership
§ Highly developed budget monitoring and management skills
§ Proven management ability and inter-personal skills - team player
§ Problem solving and leadership skills
§ Ability to deal with difficult, often frustrating work situations
§ A willingness to live and work in a very insecure and unpredictable environment with movement restrictions
§ Sensitivity to local culture and traditions
§ Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload
§ Previous work experience in Afghanistan
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Development and implementation of the COVID-19 emergency response strategy and implementation plan for the country in coordination with the Program Managers and Country Management Team and relevant partners, government departments, donors, other INGOs and UN agencies.
• To provide active leadership and overall management of the country emergency response and support all aspects of preparedness planning and action
• Develop sound understanding of external environment and BRAC strengths to inform strategic planning and positioning on humanitarian issues and programming opportunities
• Work closely with the PMs to prioritize programmatic needs, explore new donors, develop high quality proposals and concept notes and expand partnership based on the country needs.
• Develop a Country Risk Analysis based on secondary information and matrix supplied from BI HO. This matrix needs to be updated weekly basis.
• Effectively coordinate with a range of relevant stakeholders including government departments, other INGOs, UN agencies, donors, local partner NGOs etc to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication.
• Establish internal coordination with BRAC programme teams to build rapport and capacity of the staffs
• Oversight of Emergency Response teams in the provinces, ensuring that the team members are working in line with the policy, strategy and guidelines. Ensure work plans are in place and arrange weekly and monthly program management meetings with Regional and Provincial Managers in order to review progress of programs and prepare regular periodic plan of actions.
• Monitor project budgets on monthly basis and provide timely feedback to finance department on any variances. Ensure that financial reports are prepared in timely manner and is reviewed by the Emergency Response Coordinator. Prepare annual, quarterly spend plan with monthly phased expense plan linked with work plan and BVAs (Budget Vs Actual)
• Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure that procurements are made in a timely manner while remaining in compliance with BRAC and donor rules and regulations, and ensure that proper procurement procedures are followed by ER Program staff
• Manage, maintain and develop information systems to ensure accurate, timely and complete data and information for assessments, monitoring and evaluation, internal and external reporting, planning, decision-making and program learning.
• Liaise with the M&E team to facilitate systematic program monitoring and evaluation are in place and ensure that lessons learnt are documented and shared for cross-program learning in the country, and with BRAC Head Office.
• Assess the Emergency Response capacity gap of the country programmes and develop a plan of actions and implement with support of the country management team.
• Support Country Director to coordinate and consolidate the Risk Management Matrix.
• Ensure effective participation of BRAC Afghanistan in all coordination forums and cluster coordination mechanisms in country for COVID -1 response coordination.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Degree / Post graduate degree in humanitarian aid, international development, public administration business science, social science /Development Studies / Disaster Management or other comparative university degree.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan or Please click on the below link: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/emergency-response-coordinator-2/apply
Please mention the name of the position and AD#AF 24/20 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 02 April 2020
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
To know more about the organization please visit our website: www.bracinternational.nl/en/ also find us in Facebook: www.facebook.com/BRACAFG/
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply