|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About ACTIN AGAINST HUNGER (AAH):
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
Contribute to ensure context analysis to contribute on the deliberation of strategy and positioning of emergency response mechanism
Contribute to the good implementation of the program cycle
Contribute to the smooth running of human resources, budget management and logistics
Contribute in representing AAH in internal/external coordination with local authorities and partners
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standards and principles (CHS, HAP, SPHERE, etc)
- Strong skills in emergency need assessment
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Strong computer skills
- Good team management and positive attitude
- Autonomous and highly flexible
- Good organization, planning and reporting skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
Mission 1: Contribute to ensure context analysis to contribute on the deliberation of strategy and positioning of emergency response mechanism
· Undertake systematic and thorough analysis of the humanitarian situation in geographic area through rapid assessment, market survey and household interviews.
· Take notice of the sectorial orientations of national strategy and understand the implications for his field of activity
· Identify the presence and the strategic orientations of other partners in the field with a view to improving coordination and effective working.
· Liaise with the Access and Community Engagement Manager on a very regular basis
Mission 2: Contribute to the good implementation of the program cycle
· Provide technical training and guidance to the program teams on a need basis
· Ensure that AAH methodologies, standardized tools and common rationale for targeting and integrated responses are followed.
· Support the supervisor in planning of the team members for the need assessments, market assessment, post distribution monitoring (PDM)
· Supervise, control and ensure qualitative data is collected through AAH’s standard tools and correct the errors by cross verification.
· Ensure AAH’s documentation are filled during cash/aid distribution, distribution site management, coordination with Admin/logistics/MEAL departments, properly dissemination of information to beneficiaries during cash/aid distribution.
· Prepare draft reports of assessment, response distribution, market assessment or any program activity reports and send it to the program manager.
· Ensure the efficiency of the activities implemented (relevancy of the messages, participative method and practical demonstration, adequacy of the modality of intervention, etc)
· Suggest possible improvements in terms of assessment, distribution and other field activities.
Mission 3: Contribute to the smooth running of human resources, budget management and logistics
· Ensure that AAH human resources policies and tools are known by the staff, properly used and regularly followed-up.
· Ensure the close follow-up of budgets and share with the program manager.
· Prepare procurement requests and other logistics requests and tools, in line with AAH’s policies, and share with the program manager
· Ensure all staffs are aware and abide by security and safety guidelines of AAH.
Mission 4: Contribute in representing AAH in internal/external coordination with local authorities and partners
· Represent AAH at internal and external forums/ networks; establishing and maintaining contact with a range of organizations and individuals who can support the programme in the provincial level (national NGOs, international NGOs, UN agencies, etc)
· Work closely with project team, partners and relevant government departments (ANDMA, DoRR)
· Participate in cluster level meetings in regional and provincial level to ensure AAH participation in surveys and assessments
Any other tasks related to the good implementation of the projects may be required by line manager(s)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
- Bachelor`s degree in social science, disaster management, development studies, agriculture, civil engineer or related field from reputed university
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in mid-level management position in inter/national NGOs. Previous experience in emergency projects is required. Working experience in ERM will be added value
Please send your CV+Interest Letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or Hard copies to: Lashkargah City, Laghman Street, Beside MSF Guest House, House No 03
Not Longer than 15.May.2019