|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Families’ Livelihoods and Integration Project – FLIP - is a three year project that aims to strengthen women’s livelihoods, and facilitate the reintegration of the displaced population in Jalalabad and Puli Alam in Eastern Afghanistan. The project addresses the current gaps in development programming targeting women’s livelihoods for those most in need in Nangarhar and Logar provinces in the Eastern region in parallel with the humanitarian assistance. It will strengthen and diversify livelihoods of 2,000 women to enable them to build household resilience. The project is designed to promote reintegration of displaced populations in the host community, which is bolstered by activities targeting 2,000 male members of the beneficiary households.
The project was expected to achieve the following results:
1. 2,000 ultra-poor women have skills, knowledge, and assets to strengthen and diversify their livelihoods in order to build household resilience
2. Independently operating Savings Groups contribute to strengthening women’s livelihoods through mobilising women’s resources, providing financial services, and developing value chains.
3. Men and women are reintegrated in the host community
Purpose of this Consultancy is to conduct a full evaluation of mentioned project in two provinces of Afghanistan each Logar and Nangarhar.
The Families’ Livelihoods and Integration Project will provide facilities to the independent evaluator to do desk researches, plan field visits of mentioned provinces and provide a comprehensive evaluation report to Afghanaid which indicate effectiveness of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing evaluation plan and mechanism
- Develop tools for data collection
- Setting appropriate methods for analysing relevancy, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the project
- Carrying out interviews, both individually and within the focus groups, and also recording the results / data collection
- Preparing inception report as a presentation to the project team
- Provide final report
- Ability to complete deliverables with the due time
- Superb communication skills along with the ability to give oral and written reports.
- Familiarity with the relevant data collection technology and techniques.
- Ability to interpret and analyse the collected data.
- Superb negotiation and interpersonal skills and the knowledge of interviewing techniques are necessary traits.