|Date Posted:||Aug 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About State Corps:
STATE CORPS (SC) is an energy and construction firm established in 2007 in Afghanistan and is registered with U. S Government, AISA (Afghanistan Investment Support Agency) and ACCI (Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce & Industries). State Corps began its activities in the construction industry where we had the opportunity to work on numerous multimillion-dollar design build and site adapt projects for the United State Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). We have grown tremendously in the past decade to the point where we now stand at the top of the most successful and largest Afghan companies. As State Corps grew so did the area of its activities and we started working in the energy sector. We now have the experience of implementing high voltage Transmission Line, Substation, and power distribution projects. Since much work is still to be done in the energy sector and not many Afghan companies have the experience or capability to carry out such projects, WE have made this sector our main concentration.
In addition to its headquarters in Afghanistan, State Corps now has active offices in Dubai and Turkey and plans to expand the perimeter of its operations even further in the world. For more information about us, please visit our website: www.statecorps.com
The Project Manager responsibilities include overall management and successful delivery of the energy projects on time, within budget and scope. The incumbent will be based at the company main office, Kabul but will have regular site visits to projects locations. Further details are mentioned in duties and responsibilities part.
Provinces to travel:
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and concepts.
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to oversee financial matters - Financial management and cash flow analysis of the project
- Organization and planning skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Time management skills and the ability to priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team with active interaction.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English, Dari and Pashto languages
- Significant and professional client relationship management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly managing Energy Projects: Power distribution, Power substations and Power Transmission projects.
- Directly in contact with shareholders and contractors.
- Subcontract agreement evaluation and preparations for project works.
- Work progress follow-up, controlling the project schedule and directly responsible to our top management.
- Attending meeting with clients and subcontractors.
- Review the project design and provide the technical comments accordingly.
- Directly following the international procurement of project materials
- Project visit for work progress and quality control.
- Manage project engineering staff consisting of engineers, designers, drafters and other assigned
- support personnel including staffing, work assignments, scheduling, personnel appraisals and work reviews.
- Develop and monitor project control systems including schedules, budgets, lists.
- Oversee coordination of engineering efforts required for the success of the project.
- Identify indexes, bills of material, etc. And assess improvement opportunities which will add value.
- Any other tasks that will be given by the competent authority.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters Preferred)
- Must have 6+ years’ experience in engineering positions and a minimum of 3 years’ background and prior experience in the energy sector.
- Professional project management certification or other related qualification preferred