|Date Posted:||Jul 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 6, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||9000 - 10000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Layan Training and Consultancy:
Layan Training and Consultancy (LTC) is a non-governmental institution, founded by professionals in the fields of management and education and registered to ministry of commerce & industries and ministry of education. LTC is located at Khairkhana3, beside Panjsad Family Square. LTC aims to provide standard educational services in multiple fields in order to strengthen and build the capacity of individuals and people in the society. Its activities include, providing, short-term and mid-term education services, consultancy services, and implementing educational, social, and cultural projects.
Layan Training and Consultancy (LTC) provides English Language courses under its educational services unit. LTC is hiring a full time English language teacher who will teach the classes as arranged by LTC Management. The English teacher will work under the direct supervision of the LTC Director and is required to be attendant to the job from 6:00am until 7:00pm. Very famous and successful English language teaching systems are being taught at LTC which includes, American English File, Princeton iBT TOEFL preparation, Market Leader Business English, and etc. The teacher must be able to teach theses system and must be very professional and well mannered.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Self motivated
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies and be able to work with students with different ages and different learning paces
- Be able to prepare any kind of English teaching material at the shortest notice
Duties & Responsibilities:
The English Language Teacher be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Be able to teach any American English language teaching system including the American English File system
- Be able to teach TOEFL, IELTS, and Business English (Market Leader)
- Prepare lesson plans and training material for each class on daily basis
- Must have a clear understanding of how students develop knowledge from studying ABC to advance level. The teacher is expected to have a useful and tested teaching material for students who learn from alphabet and word and sentence structures.
- Prepare test papers and undertake a useful, practical, and transparent system of evaluating students' knowledge level
- Report the progress of English classes to the Director through the reception/ist.
- Make sure the teaching material (including, audio players, LCDs, Computers, and etc.) used during the classes are well in shape before each class. And report any damages to the director.
- Provide information to the visitors and register them, as required
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least grade 12 graduate. Bachelor degree or master degree holders, especially in English Literature, will be preferred
At least 2 years of teaching English Language in Afghanistan
Candidates with TOEFL or IELTS are preferred
Be able to work from 6:00am to 7:00pm