|Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 4, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan International School:
Teachers develop lesson plans consistent with the curriculum objectives of Afghanistan International School and delivers instruction to students. Teachers contribute to a learning environment that guides and encourages children to develop and fulfill their academic and personal potential. Reporting to the principal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop lesson plans that are culturally appropriate and consistent with curriculum objectives of Afghanistan International Schools
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws and administrative regulations, and the administration of Afghanistan International School.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to children.
- Administer tests to help determine children’s developmental levels, needs, and potential.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of preschool programs.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the headmaster.
- Merely for art teacher: Primary school art teachers oversee the production of paintings, drawings and figures. Media used may include pencil, charcoal, watercolor paint and oil-based paint;
- A history of excellence in teaching students from pre-school through Level 7
- A bachelor degree from a recognized university in relevant field is preferred.
- Excellent time management, teaching, and problem solving skills
- Excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Experience of Primary Teaching is mandatory