|Date Posted:||May 22, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||English Literature|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Elham Institute :
Elham a leading English Academic Center in Afghanistan and is registered with the Ministry of Education. Elham is committed to providing high quality education services in a professional manner to individuals and to organizations. Elham Institute is privileged to offering a comprehensive and profound choice of courses from General English to English for Academic & Business Purposes. Elham delivers decent facilities in classrooms for students to learn healthier in an extraordinary and friendly ambience. Elham is mastered in raising capacities not only by English teachings but also through boosting the level of students’ perspective. The professional educators are braced to turn learning experience into a wonderful professional pathway where class lectures, group studies, papers, quizzes, classroom discussions, exams and video/audio will enhance students to comfortably gear up for their desired careers after completion of the courses.
The English Teacher is primarily responsible to plan, design, organize and teach English classes to Elham students. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for curriculum design/customization considering the student’s needs and expectations. He/She assists the leadership and the academic team in designing and developing new English programs.
Requires travel to provinces:
Obtained excellent marks in TOEFL and/or IELTS exams.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good listening and innovation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
- Developing English lesson plans in line with the National Curriculum.
- Prepare assignments for the students.
- Design and propose new English programs based on market needs.
- Evaluating a students' class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate students’ attendance records and grades.
- Classroom management.
- Present persuasive presentations to the targeted organization boosting English for Business program.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- preparing and setting tests, examination papers and exercises;
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
- devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources;
- preparing information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises;
- Basic administration, such as keeping students’ registers and attendance records.
· Preparing periodic reports
· Conducting training for teachers.
· Any other tasks assigned by line supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Proficiency in English curriculum development/customization.
• At least 3 years of experience in academic English teaching.
• Minimum bachelor degree in English Lettuce function.