|Date Posted:||Dec 23, 2020|
|Reference:||(ENT Specialist) FMIC/HR/269|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) and France (GoF), and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). FMIC started its operations in a volatile situation when security condition was deteriorating and accessing a modest tertiary healthcare facility was a tall order for the Afghans. There was serious lack of human resources in various specialities hence the Afghans highly depended upon medical tourism abroad. In such circumstances the presence of FMIC was no less than a miracle. For the last 14 years, FMIC has been catering to the healthcare needs of Afghanistan with a vibrant vision, “to be a leading institute of excellence and innovation in healthcare, research and education, providing exemplary, safe, comprehensive, accessible and sustainable services to Afghanistan and surrounding regions, while positively impacting the lives of patients and all others Whom it serves.”
Despite many challenges, FMIC has achieved remarkable success over the past 14 years. In 2009, it became the first hospital in Afghanistan to be ISO certified whereas the first open heart surgery was performed by indigenous doctors at FMIC in 2010. Since 2011 it has annually sponsored an international scientific conference as well as a quality and patient safety convention, both of which showcase Afghan health professionals’ high capacity for critical thinking. The Post Graduate Medical Education Program (PGME) is a flagship program of FMIC established in 2012, with the support of the Aga Khan University (AKU), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and financial support of the Government of Canada. FMIC has so far served over 1.5 million patients from all parts of Afghanistan through its in-patient and out-patient services to children, mothers and adults. FMIC’s Patient Welfare Programme underwrites the cost of care for people who cannot afford to pay for all or part of their treatment. Access to remotest areas for tele-consultation and training of human resources has been ensured through eHealth program since 2007. While responding to the Covid-19 pandemic; FMIC also offers PCR based Covid-19 testing and treatment facility besides its routine services.
In future, FMIC plans to grow from a 169-bed facility to a 550-bed teaching hospital that offers a full complement of tertiary specialized services, trains new healthcare providers and supports a substantial research programme. The Expanded Medical Complex, currently under design, will begin to offer services in the near future. The new facilities will provide space for research activities, additional Postgraduate Medical Education programmes and enhanced diagnostic facilities and medical services, including in adult general surgery, cardiology, gastroenterology, internal medicine, neurosciences, oncology, orthopaedics and renal diseases.
Providing high quality services for ENT patients at FMIC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct ENT clinics to Provides comprehensive ENT care to patients according to current best-evidence based standards, using best judgement at all times and in accordance with FMIC Health Medical Staff by-laws, rules and regulations.
- Participate equitably in the on-call roster and do the assessment of ENT patients in the Wards
- Perform ENT surgeries within approved privileges
- Participate in the oversight and professional developments of any junior medical staff in the department
- Conduct clinical audit in line with medical advisory committee requirements
- Participate in review and planning activities relevant to the development and of the healthcare facility
- Fulfill professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competency in all aspects of ENT
- Carry out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position
- Providing comprehensive specialist level patient care in ENT
- Liaise with patients, families, Medical staff, Nursing staff, other Clinical staff and referring doctors
- Demonstrate commitment to Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Demonstrate ability to deliver quality of patient care
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes
- Accountable to ensure patient safety by practicing ethical medical practices as per local regulations
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on patient’s medical history, examinations and tests results
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying pathologies
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Make professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from another healthcare professional
- Offer expert clinical opinions relating to Pediatrics and take independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients
- Develop & administer healthcare management plans in consultation with patients and in line with current treatment and management protocols
- Provide holistic care and health education
- Admit and discharge patients to and from the caseload, ensuring referrals are made to other healthcare professionals and providers as appropriate
- Carry out comprehensive and systematic assessments of patients and manage them based on clinical guidelines and evidence based practice
- Work alongside and maintain good communication channels with other specialist services to optimize patient care and treatment outcomes
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice based system, guidelines and protocols
- Improve quality of services a lined with standards defined by the institution
- Conduct Teleconsultations for patient
- Take part in multidisciplinary approach in the hospital and consulting other specialties for patients
- Trying to enhance modern knowledge and get updated in ENT field
- Performs administrative duties as assigned and other duties as needed.
Medical Degree from a recognized university plus specialization in ENT.