|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Planning and implementation of enterprise project interventions; providing enterprise and marketing trainings, expertise, guidance and support to the project beneficiaries and savings groups.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Planning, developing and implementing an appropriate enterprise programme in the selected areas of the respective province in a professional and timely manner.
· Ensuring that the project enterprise programme is implemented in accordance with Afghanaid standards, policies, and procedures and that commitments to the donor, communities and other programme partners are fulfilled in a professional and timely manner.
· Coordinating and communicating with other team members and continuous liaison with provincial stakeholders regarding enterprise-related project progress or other related issues.
· Representing Afghanaid and promote its work among line departments and NGOs working in the respective province in the enterprise development area.
· Implementation of enterprise interventions in the selected areas of the respective province to a high quality ensuring that project targets and contractual obligations are being met.
· Ensure that the implemented activities are technically sound, cost-effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries needs.
· Conduct needs assessments of project participants and supervise the designing and organizing of training programs to address the identified training needs, prepare training assessment reports.
· Building the capacity of project participants in enterprise development, marketing, savings groups management, financial management, soft skills and other topics based on requirements (value chain analysis, market assessment, business management skills, feasibility study etc.) and the provision of technical support.
· Create and promote savings, entrepreneurial and joint production culture among the women for increased income generation at household and at community level.
· Provide support to the project participants in linking their respective groups to markets and build the leadership capacity of their leaders.
· Assist the groups in effectively managing their savings; monitor savings groups, individual grantees and loan activities and document the experiences.
· Monitor all production support activities and make recommendations for modification, improvement or the introduction of new activities.
· Working with the communities to identify and establish market linkages for micro and small scale enterprise products.
· Organize exchange visits of entrepreneurs and saving group members and establish linkages with MFIs, market players, suppliers and service providers.
· Organize exhibitions of the produced products at the district, provincial and national level.
· Facilitate the distribution of project materials to beneficiaries.
· Advise and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in designing, developing and monitoring the enterprise implementation plan.
· Prepare monthly reports.
· Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans and budgets and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in budget tracking and analysis as necessary.
· Work closely with the project team to foster communication, collaboration and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to enterprise sector implementation quality.
· Liaise with other projects/programs operating in the enterprise development and livelihoods sector in the target districts to identify and taking account of development activities currently being undertaken or being developed in these sectors by the other NGOs/departments.
· Ensure a good working relationship with relevant government departments and administration.
· Facilitate visits of any internal or external stakeholders to monitor the project implementation in close coordination with the provincial team.
· Support the M&E Officer in collecting case studies, success stories and data.
· Keep appropriate records for collecting the evidence of project implementation: attendance sheets, distribution lists, training needs assessment records, pre-, post-tests, etc.
· Support any surveys conducted by head office staff.
· Supervise the vocational trainers.
· Perform any other related duties as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Logar
University Degree or diploma in enterprise development, business management, marketing or related field. Master’s Degree is desirable.
Minimum three years of experience in a similar capacity.
Proven experience in assessing training needs and building the capacity of a mixture of literate and illiterate project participants. Experience and knowledge in small enterprise development is highly desirable.
Professional Skills and Competencies
· Strong organisational and coordination skills, initiative, judgment and adaptability with significant levels of autonomy.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development; ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering trainings in the field to improving the training approach.
· Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Pashto and English. Working knowledge in Dari is desirable.
· Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women with focus on their economic and social empowerment.
Values and attitude
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team.
· A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
· Understanding and knowledge of Islamic perspective on women’s rights and strong understanding of the local context.
· Responsible, committed and honest in his/her work.
· Detail-oriented person.
· Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.