|Date Posted:||Mar 2, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
In March of 2010, Bpeace (Business Council for Peace) will launch its third program in Afghanistan, this time Mazar-i-Sharif, Balkh Province. Bpeace is in the process of inviting 30 female and male entrepreneurs into its three-year Fast Runner program. To coach these entrepreneurs, we are hiring an Entrepreneurial Advisor (EA) to help these Afghans solve daily business problems, improve the way they track their finances, produce and market their products or services, and train their employees. The outcome of the Advisorâ€™s work will be stronger, sustainable businesses that create jobs for Afghans. The EA position is an 18-month full-time position based out of Mazar.
The Entrepreneurial Advisor will have a portfolio or 30 clients, i.e., the Mazar entrepreneurs in the Bpeace program, and is responsible for helping their businesses become profitable and create employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with each entrepreneur in the program at least once a month to provide business consulting and advice. Help facilitate business training using Bpeace training manuals. Once a month you will host a meeting for all 30 entrepreneurs so that they can network and share resources.
- Represent Bpeace in Mazar at all levels including government, institutional, media, and with Associates. You will develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations and disseminate information about Bpeace and its program in Mazar.
- In May 2010, you will facilitate a one week visit of eight American volunteers who will travel to Mazar to coach and train the Associates. You will arrange local transportation and security; and other logistics including hotel and meeting rooms.
- In the Fall of 2010 and the Spring of 2011, you will accompany a group of the entrepreneurs on a 2-3 week visit to the U.S. where they will apprentice on-the-job at U.S. firms.
You are the right person for this job if you have experience as a successful entrepreneur and possess most of the following qualifications.
1. Diagnostician: you can diagnose a business to determine the barriers to success and opportunities for growth.
2. Marketing: you understand the five Pâ€™s of marketing and can apply them to diverse industries.
3. Finance: you understand how to read a balance sheet, cost a product/ service, and determine if a business is making a profit.
4. HR: you know how to hire and fire employees; and, motivate and manage staff.
5. Customer service: you understand the tenets of good customer service, how to get new customers and maintain current customers.
6. Advisor/Trainer: you can transfer your knowledge of the above skills to other entrepreneurs.
7. Problem solver: You can determine creative solutions to problems and identify innovative paths to growth; share them with entrepreneurs helping to connect them with the resources to overcome barriers or take advantage of opportunities
8. Facilitator: you can facilitate learning in both one-on-one and group settings; you are successful at bringing people together to support each other and work toward a common goal; you motivate individuals to be responsible for their own success.
9. Language and technology: you speak English and Dari and are proficient with Microsoft Office, email, Skype and Internet.