|Date Posted:||Aug 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Sheladia Associates Inc,:
Sheladia Associates, Inc. is a minority-owned and operated business founded in 1974 and headquartered in the metropolitan Washington DC area, with international offices located in Afghanistan, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Philippines, and Zambia. We design and build infrastructure worldwide — both physical and institutional — to support economic growth and strengthen the capabilities of our clients and partners. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service and recognize that successful projects hinge on having the right people on the job and doing it right the first time. Our staff includes some of the most seasoned architects, engineers, construction managers, project managers, technical consultants and support staff in the industry. Sheladia’s unique approach to design, development and implementation of the project includes a clear understanding of project objectives and goals, coordination of local stakeholders and property owners. We strive to provide creative solutions in a sustainable way. Our solutions evolve from our complete understanding of complex regulations, knowhow,and our multidisciplinary approach that takes the project from concept through completion. Sheladia has received many awards for excellence in design and has established an excellent professional reputation for quality work completed on time and within budget. The trademark of our services has been its responsiveness to clients’ needs. This philosophy has been elemental in establishing Sheladia as a leading consulting firm in the region. Sheladia is a professional multidisciplinary consulting firm with experience in Structures and Facilities, Transportation Infrastructure, Energy, Rural evelopment, and Water Resources & Sanitation. The firm has been providing full Architectural & Engineering Services and Development Consulting Services since 1974 in the United States and throughout the world, implementing projects in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and the Americas. Sheladia provides project development services that include economic and financial analysis, policy design and institutional strengthening, planning and feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, environmental and social studies, procurement assistance and management, maintenance planning and management, construction supervision/management, and monitoring and evaluation. In the international arena, Sheladia provides technical assistance to governments, their agencies, and private sector entities to strengthen and support institutional capabilities through organizational development, technology transfer, and training.
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world and Afghanistan. SHELADIA works in over 70 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas. We are currently looking to fill the position of Environment and Safeguards Specialist for Arghandab Integrated Water Resources Development Project (AIWRDP) project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the International Environmental Specialist in the accomplishment of various environmental tasks (as stipulated above);
- Review all relevant environmental documents;
- Assist in updating the IEE study due to any design changes;
- Ensure that EMP’s are made part of construction bidding documents. Moreover he/she shall also ensure that the environmental management costs are reflected in the BOQs;
- Preparation of SSEMPs;
- Determine the training needs of construction contractor staff as well as develop training materials for effective implementation of the SSEMP during the construction stage;
- Ensure effective implementation of SSEMP through regular construction site visits, recording environmental non-compliance's and recommending corrective action plans;
- Assist the International Environment Specialist in preparation of SAEMRs for submission to ADB and National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA). Also assist the implementing agency in finalization of quarterly progress reports, annual progress reports and any specific report requested by the implementing agency;
- Ensure that the environmental management and monitoring plans reflecting full details regarding the estimated mitigation costs are in place through the SSEMP.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
· Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Sciences or Environmental Engineering.
· In addition, the Environmental Specialist shall have a minimum of 10 years of experience of working on environmental matters out of which at least 5 years associated with Irrigation and Agriculture in accordance with ADBs’ / World Bank’s Environmental Guidelines.