|Date Posted:||Jul 31, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/ Environmental Expert (Mines Inspection Directorate)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Watch out and control Environmental affairs protection in accordance with related rules and regulations. Also provide tangible Advices on how to better take care of environmental affairs surrounding the excavation of mines around the country.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. contribute to develop Environmental Management work plan for authority approval,
2. Evaluate and analyze MoMP and production companies Environmental plans,
3. Develop work plan for research and investigation to increase negative environmental effects of mining,
4. identify negative environmental effects which are unacceptable to environmental protection in cooperation with National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA) in mines,
5. Cooperate in implementing educational plans for building capacity of miners and mine workers regarding practicing Environmental Protection Regulation,
6. Cooperate with mining auditors to accurately review and investigate and provide audit reports on practicing Environmental Regulation practices by mining companies,
7. Review and study Mining companies, enterprises and industrial companies activity reports,
8. provide implementation reports to Environmental Protection general management,
9. Advise audit departments in Kabul and provinces regarding prevention of negative environment effects of mining,
10. Implement any other relevant tasks given by authorities and top managers.
Education: At least bachelor degree in Mining and Geology and any other related fields and Master degree is preferred in these fields.
At least 5 years of related working experiences.
Language: Familiarity to Dari or Pashto,
information gathering and monitoring skills
problem analysis and problem solving skills
judgment and decision-making ability
attention to detail and accuracy