|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science ,Agriculture|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/01
Announcement Date: 08- SEP-2019 Closing Date: 28-SEP-2019
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Requires travel to provinces:
Technical and analytical skills and a focus on results;
· Proven ability to work in teams;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability of making effective presentations to diverse audiences;
· Hard working, initiative taking, able to handle multiple tasks;
· English language skills required and working knowledge of both Pashto and Dari
· Computer skill (MS office)’
Duties & Responsibilities:
The regional social and environmental officers will have the primary responsibility for the following tasks, which they will manage in cooperation with the community water development assistants (CWDA) of the regional offices:
(i) Carrying out environmental and social screening/appraisal in accordance with the provisions of the ESMF in close consultation with the local communities, Mirabs and CDCs. The screening/environmental appraisal will:
· Identify the specific prevention/mitigation measures that will be implemented to prevent/mitigate the adverse environmental impacts of the proposed activity.
· Assess the requirements of various resources (financial, technical, institutional, and so on) to implement the mitigation measures.
· Identify the relevant institutes/government departments, which can support the resource requirements for implementation of the mitigation measures.
· Revise the budget (if necessary) considering all the above three points.
(ii) Conduct surveys on sites being considered for land acquisition (100 % HH socio-economic survey of all potential PAPs in case of land acquisition – except for small dams component, where Consultant will be contracted).
(iii) Interact with relevant Authorities in the province for land acquisition and follow up with authorized agencies for implementation of ESMP
(iv) Supervise and Monitor ESMP implementation by IPs and produce periodic reports as per standard format
(v) Coordinate training of Mirabs, CDCs and IWAs on environment and social issues
(vi) Maintain record of all consultation meetings and other safeguard documents including the land acquisition documents.
(vii) Report to and assist PCU Environmental and Social Officer in reporting to World Bank and NEPA on status of ESMP implementation.
(viii) Assist the regional technical team in implementation of the ESMF.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
· Degree in Environment/ Social Sciences and/ Agriculture /or related areas with a focus on water management
· At least three years working experience and solid understanding of participatory and Community-Driven Development approaches;