|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
AMELA anticipates conducting several mid-term performance evaluations of USAID stabilization programs during the AMELA project. The Evaluation Manager will be charged with performance evaluations, which are to be carried out in consultation with stakeholders and with assistance from senior project staff. This position reports to the Senior Evaluation Lead. This position is based in Kabul with potential travel to other Afghan cities such as Mazar-e-Shareef and Herat.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Adapt tools and methodology to evaluate the program in question;
· Contribute to the creation of the evaluation work plan;
· Contribute to the analysis of data and drafting of findings and recommendations;
· Assist in coordinating field data collection and conducting interviews;
· Contribute to analysis of data and reporting and presentation of findings;
Other tasks may include periodic assistance coordinating monitoring and validation exercises.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· At least five (5) years of relevant work experience with a university degree in a relevant field;
· Experience conducting evaluations, assessments, or qualitative research in a development context;
· Experience evaluating stabilization or governance programs;
· Technical skills including design of evaluation tools, evaluation planning and management, analysis of qualitative data, and results reporting;
· Excellent report writing skills;