|Date Posted:||Feb 23, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||General,Business Administration ,Sales/Marketing, Media, Journalism|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC:
SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC (“SCSA”) is a consulting and service company registered with the Afghanistan Investment Support Agency with its headquarter in Kabul. SCSA is fully owned by ACGF - Afghan Credit Guarantee Foundation (“ACGF”), a foundation with legal incorporation in Cologne, Germany. ACGF is a credit guarantee fund with the mission to improve access to finance for Afghanistan’s small and medium-sized enterprises (“SMEs”) by sharing the credit risk of the Afghan partner financial institutions (“PIs”) and by improving their SME lending capacity with technical assistance (“TA”). ACGF has been founded in 2014 by DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH and by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development.
Governed by a service contract concluded between ACGF and SCSA, SCSA provides a broad range of ancillary services in the context of ACGF’s credit guarantee and technical assistance operations.
SCSA is a consulting company, not a financial institution, and it does not provide any financial services. SCSA does not have contractual relationships with the Afghan PIs; it acts as service provider to ACGF carrying out a range of various services, e.g. conducting market research on SME finance, conducting training needs assessment, providing ongoing technical assistance to PIs (e.g. training-on-the-job and coaching of SME credit staff), providing support services for the credit guarantee appraisal and guarantee claim appraisal, carrying out monitoring support for the guarantee portfolio and the compliance of the PIs, collecting various types of information for ACGF (market-, portfolio-, risk-relevant information) etc.
A. Purpose of Position
Executive Assistant provides executive, administrative, HR, and development support to the management board of SCSA as well as to the department heads of SCSA.
The Executive Assistant will assist SCSA management in planning, budgeting, preparation, implementation, coordination, reporting and monitoring of all Technical Assistance and Guarantee Operation activities. He/She will ensure timely completion of all tasks and activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Duties and Responsibilities
The scope of work of the Executive Assistant covers the following specific areas:
- Assists the management of SCSA in preparing work plans
- Assists in budgeting for business volume targets and monitors the achievements of the targets on regular basis
- Assists in implementation of the HR and Admin, Finance, Risk, Technical Assistance and Credit Guarantee Operation activities
- Prepares agenda for and protocols of SCSA management board monthly meetings
- Coordinates the activities of the HR and Admin, Finance, Risk, Technical Assistance and Credit Guarantee Operation with the management
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Prepares monthly and quarterly management reports
- Conducts monitoring and evaluation of specific projects
- Helps in preparation of analysis for certain tasks/projects
- Prepares, maintains and updates records/files (electronic and paper)
- Drafts correspondence related to all aspects of SCSA activities
- Arranges meetings with SCSA staff, PIs and other organizations
- Provide general administrative support
a. Academic background and previous experience in performing administrative tasks, media, communications and reporting. Degrees may include general business administration, journalism and/or other related degrees.
b. Credit experience preferred
c. Good knowledge of the Afghan financial sector is an advantage
d. Good insight into issues of SME finance is preferred
e. Excellent command of English, Dari and Pashto Languages
f. Excellent communication skills
g. Excellent analytical skills
h. Good reporting skills
i. Very good computer skills, especially in Excel, Word, PPT
j. Flexibility and mobility
k. Ability to act on own initiative
l. Ability to work confidentially
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please send your application including a 1 page cover letter, CV and three references to
Please mention “Application for the position of Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.