|Date Posted:||Jul 8, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/Executive Assistant (Support)|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of chief of staff Director, Executive Assistant is responsible for the functions related to the Executive operations of the chief of staff, Including typically function as support the director. He/she undertake a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities in a number of different areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan on executing of all MoMP /chief of staff activities.
2. Managing the day-to-day operations of the office.
3. Organizing and maintaining files and records.
4. Assist in Planning and scheduling meetings, appointments and events.
5. Reviewing Reports and analyzing it for chief of staff director.
6. Help in Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations.
7. Assist in Making travel and guest arrangements.
8. Providing quality customer service.
9. Working in a professional environment.
10. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization
Prospective Executive Assistant should have a Baccalaureate and Bachelor is highly preferred.
Baccalaureate with 4 years and Bachelor with 2 years’ experience in related field.
Past work experience with the Government, donors or donor funded projects in the context of Government Line Ministries.
organizational and planning skills
information gathering and monitoring skills
problem analysis and problem solving skills
judgment and decision-making ability
attention to detail and accuracy