|Date Posted:||Dec 22, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 22, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Afghanistan Broadcasting System (Oqaab):
Founded in 2013, Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) is the only licensed Afghan company to provide Digital Television (DTV) throughout Afghanistan and to facilitate the ITU mandated switchover from analog to digital broadcasting. Headquartered in Kabul, ABS has regional offices from which it will focus on rolling-out the DTT network and DTH service across the country. Through its branded Oqaab platform, ABS is offering a mix of Afghan and soon premium international TV channels in areas, where no terrestrial reception was offered before.
The Executive Assistant to the COO & Marketing Coordinator primary responsibility is to provide logistical support and office coordination to the organization, ensuring the installation of appropriate systems and tools for the team’s success. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the COO, providing general office management, marketing coordination, simultaneous translations during meetings as well as meeting and event coordination.
- Strong supervisory skills. She/ He will be expected to supervise the team on behalf of the COO and makes sure that tasks given to the team are completed within the given timeframe. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- This Job requires computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Dari or Pashto native, English fluent – with the ability to translate simultaneously during meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements.
- Simultaneous translation from Pashto/Farsi to English during meetings
- Updates and maintains phone lists for COO.
- Manages contacts using Outlook to conduct up-to-date database entry, tracks VIP relations and correspondence;facilitates relationships by familiarizing his/herself with various life events (such as birthdays, and other majormilestones).
- Provides complex travel arrangements. Becomes familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the COO and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel times to quickly address any last-minute changes or cancellations.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion.
- Works in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings including, but not limited to, Board and subcommittees, project teams, etc.
- Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencingunits.
- Uses Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.
- Works closely with internal and external teams to arrange meetings and events as needed.
- Assists with recruitment efforts, new hire orientations, on-boarding and terminations.
- Liaison with outsourced consultants/vendors on all issues.
- Acts as a liaison with the Board of Directors as needed.
- Sets-up staff meetings maintains electronic staff calendars and organizes team events.
- Answers and directs calls and emails of the COO of a general nature.
- Provides timely and proactive management of the organization’s office environment.
- Maintains physical and electronic office filing systems for COO.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kabul
- Ability to perform essential job duties without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- At least 5 years’ experience as assistant or in a similar function which required a high level of organizational skills. 2 years’ experience in TV channel or Media Production house will be preferred.