|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2010|
|Reference:||ARTF/ GDPDM /MCP/275/03/10|
|Closing Date:||Apr 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Manage and control the operational priorities of CSMD and ensure that they are contributing effectively to the national and sub-national PAR priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Advise DG/CSMD on policy and strategy issues to deliver public administration reform programs effectively, building on and developing quality assurance and programs in alignment with the central and sub-national priorities.
3. Position CSMD strategically within IARCSC and ensure strong coordination within and outside IARCSC from the address of CSMD.
4. Ensure all CSMD Directorates function/activities meet IARCSC overall objectives and standards and high quality documentation of the program work is in place.
5. Establish a proper monitoring, evaluation and controlling system for overall performance of CSMD, after consulting and taking advice of DG/CSMD.
6. Perform budgetary need assessment in accordance with the work plans of the departments related to CSMD to identify its needs and to ensure that CSMDâ€™s activities are carried out effectively and efficiently.
7. Regularly, pursue reports in regard to the presidential decrees and other instructions issued by the president office regarding civil service affairs to update relevant authorities accordingly.
8. Design appropriate procedures and strategic plans for GDCSMD.
9. Follow up policies issued and decisions made by the senior management of IARCSC to establish proper coordination among different directorates and departments.
10. Establish a suitable mechanism to monitor activities carried out by directorates at national and sub-national levels to ensure effective performance of the relevant departments.
11. Prepare minutes for the meetings conducted in the General Directorate of Civil Service Management Department and inform related departments regarding the decisions made and conclusions drawn.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
13. Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
1. Proper Action Plan is established and implemented.
2. Appropriate reporting process is in position.
3. Proper documentation process is in place.
4. Effective performance monitoring, evaluation and controlling system for CSMD exist.
5. Appropriate work plans for relevant departments of CSMD are prepared.
6. Proper mechanism for budgetary need assessment of CSMD is in place.
7. Appropriate procedures and strategic plans for GDCSMD are developed.
8. A suitable mechanism to monitor activities carried out by relevant directorates at national and sub-national level is developed.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Executive Director will report to the Director General, CSMD.
1. Masterâ€™s degree in Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy with 3 years of relevant working experience in senior related positions.
2. Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
2. Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends;
3. Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
4. Good writing skills, with experience in preparing precise and detailed narrative reports;
5. Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.