|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Project Management,Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan:
About Transparency Afghanistan:
Transparency Afghanistan-TA is a registered civil society organization aiming to fight corruption and improve transparency and accountability in Afghanistan. Transparency Afghanistan is based in Kabul, and is a strategically designed to play a pivotable role in country by advocating for transparency, accountability and integrity throughout all levels of society. We have a vision of an Afghanistan in which government, politics, businesses, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption.
We are working towards this aim by enhancing public awareness and building networks through systematic advocacy including all key stakeholders to join hands for the creation of a just, accountable and corruption-free environment in Afghanistan
The board has appointed a director to carry out the activities of Transparency Afghanistan - TA, who bears ultimate responsibility for this. The director has an important role in maintaining and expanding external contacts, both for influencing policy, representing TA, and for fundraising. In addition, the director focuses on the substantive side of TAs activities. She / he ensures the effective and efficient functioning of the team and the achievement of the results as laid down in the TA strategy and annual plans. The director actively participates in periodic board meetings and is accountable. In consultation, a number of tasks, including managing and executing the projects, can be assigned to others within the office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The director is responsible for carrying out the following tasks:
· Being the face of TA together with the board chairperson;
· Representing the organization externally;
· TA communication, including maintaining and expanding the network, (press) spokesperson and contact point for external parties;
· Financial management and fundraising;
· Content coordination and implementation of projects;
· Giving lectures and presentations, writing (opinion) pieces and articles;
· Leading the office and being responsible for the implementation of annual plans;
· Management and process support; accountability to the board.
In consultation, some of these tasks can be assigned to others within the office.
· At least a master degree in political science, public administration, international development, policy studies, anthropology or any relevant field;
· Have at least 7 – 10 years of professional relevant experience;
· Excellent knowledge of and proven capacity in communication, public policy and advocacy;
· Excellent oral communication in English and Dari and/or Pashto; Excellent writing and computer skills;
· Excellent management, strategic planning and leadership capacities
· Extensive knowledge of the Afghan institutions and social and political environments, actors and dynamics prevailing in Afghanistan;
· Ability to develop and manage professional relations, with outstanding interpersonal and coordination skills;
· Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines;
· Good knowledge of anti-corruption, governance, transparency and accountability issues in Afghanistan and internationally
· Have a demonstrably entrepreneurial and independent work attitude, a sense of humor and you are flexible and solution-oriented;
· Experience in the field of compliance & integrity and / or anti-corruption is an advantage.
The incumbent must be/have:
· evident leadership qualities, both in terms of content and organization, both formally and informally;
· a self-starter and entrepreneurial. take initiative and have the drive to put TA better on the map and let it grow;
· have strong communication skills and are able to make external parties such as policy makers, companies and donors enthusiastic about TA's mission and objectives;
· offer a constructive working environment in which the best of people and the organization is brought to the fore through good cooperation and your hands-on mentality;
· our core values (transparency, integrity, democracy, solidarity, courage, justice and responsibility) are also your core values and you display them internally and externally at all times.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: email@example.com In the e-mail subject line please write “Executive Director and your name.
The deadline for applications is August 12,2020. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.