|Date Posted:||Jun 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 22, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The newly formed American Chamber of Commerce in Afghanistan is seeking a qualified Executive Director for immediate hire in Kabul. The Executive Director should be a self-starter with management experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Assist the AmCham Board in setting up the AmCham office and coordinate activities.
2) Provide administrative support to the AmCham Chairman
3) Supervise AmCham Staff
4) Implement AmCham Board Policies, regulations and directives
5) Develop annual budgets, maintain the books of accounts and ensure annual audit.
6) Maintain/edit/update member database
7) Implement procurement procedures
8) Maintain office documents
10) Serve on sub committees
11) Maintain close relations with the Government, Private Sector and the Media
12) Liaise with the Asia-Pacific AmChams and the U.S. Chamber
13) Organize meetings, seminars, press conferences, etc.
14) Perform other duties as the Board may assign from time to time
A successful candidate must posses at minimum a Bachelors degree and five years of relevant work experience to include administration and management experience. Experience working with other American Chambers of Commerce preferred. Excellent English speaking, reading and writing skills required.