|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
NISPAA is seeking to recruit an Executive Secretary, a full time position on a one year renewable contract. The incumbent will have the following responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Attend and take minutes at all board meetings
2. Represent NISPAA in negotiations with Government on legal matters affecting the associationâ€™s members
3. Keep the financial records of the organisation
4. Provide legal advice to NISPAA board members and Represent NISPAA at public functions when the President of NISPAA is not able to attend
5. Keep abreast of all developments in the key areas of Taxation and Licence requirements and advise members accordingly.
6. Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of papers to Government on issues relevant to the association.
7. Lobby Government on issues of importance to the association.
8. Ensure that the association is properly constituted and all appropriate fees are paid.
9. Send monthly accounts to members and ensure payment is received
10. Call monthly meetings of the association.
11. Visit non members of the association and encourage them to join.
12. Keep the general public informed of the activities of NISPAA and its members
13. Act as a spokesperson for the association and the industry
14. Prepare Monthly reports of NISPAA Activities to the Board Members
15. Prepare a Quarterly Report of the NISPAA activities and achievements to non-members and industry at large
The successful applicant will have a legal background with a thorough knowledge of the Afghan legal system. Experience working with the Government of Afghanistan and the interpretation of legislation is required. The successful applicant must be a self starter, outgoing and able to speak easily in public. A working knowledge of English Pashto and Dari is preferred.