|Date Posted:||Jul 5, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
This position is charged with providing and adapting the curricula to the needs of the target group or develop new curricula for vocational trainings, for which there are currently no curricula available with partner organization. This will include the planning, development and production of curriculum materials, processes and best practices that are evaluated and acknowledged to be highly effective in improving project outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop curricular goals and outlines for new curriculum and curriculum updates
Development and evaluation of current and new curriculum.
Conduct research and consult with business representatives in the design and development of new curriculum
Coordinate the review/assessment of current curriculum to ensure that course/program is meeting intended objectives and requirements.
Serve as resident expert with a deep knowledge of academic standards and education trends.
Use evaluations and data to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula on an annual basis.
Prepare instructional material for printing and develop outlines with the necessary basic detail to direct instruction.
Develop and maintain research database that may be utilized to develop and review curriculum.
Hone in skill and ambition to continuously drive process of developing and strengthening our models of educational & instructional materials and resources
Devise metrics to evaluate success of programs in its content deliverables, implementation and client loyalty
Instill best practices into our curriculum, organizational development and all facets of our work
Qualifications and Education Requirement
· Master Degree in social science or any other relevant field preferred
· At least 7 years of working experience in a similar position in a national or international NGO.
· Excellent understanding of local context needs and challenges of the local communities.
· Strong communicator with gravitas and the ability to articulate complex subjects in “lay-man” terms in the local context;
· Ability to facilitate workshops and gatherings to reach its required outputs; engender a sense of belonging and ownership to the decisions made;
· Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
· Working knowledge of English; strong knowledge of local languages.
· Organized, team player, proactive attitude and ability to multi-task;
· Ability to meet deadlines and cope with pressing timelines, willingness to work overtime if needed;
· Ability to work and be comfortable in complex situations with incomplete information;
· work and be comfortable in complex situations with incomplete information