|Date Posted:||Nov 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Dec 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in Seven provinces; Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar, Logar, Parwan, Kabul and Baghlan. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives:
(i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and
(ii) Sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
Under the overall supervision of the Program Director and/ or Project Manager/Extension Coordinator and direct supervision of Provincial Extension Advisor and in close collaboration with the SNaPP2 Technical Team, the Extension Workers will be based in Kama district Nangarhar province ( or any other district select by top management). The Extension worker will work closely with female farmer’s groups, enhance their capacity to identify extension and agriculture development issues, develop plans and retain sustainable income resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The key focus of female extension worker under SNaPP2 Project will be development of community groups, FLRC, community-based facilitators, community planning and implementation of development actions based on demand driven and participatory methods in collaboration with the DAILs, CDCs and other groups.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Key focus of livestock extension services under SNaPP2 will be development of community groups, community-based facilitators, community planning and implementation of development actions based on demand driven and participatory methods in close collaboration with the DAILs, CDCs, DDAs, and other groups.
- Establish and Support farmer’s interest groups and producers' associations, and to facilitate private sector linkages.
- Establish community based farmer facilitators (e.g. village-based animal health worker, farmer field school facilitator, village group leaders, etc.)
- Organize on site trainings for the livestock farmers mainly in Farmer filed School (FFS) model in close coordination with stakeholders and SNaPP2 Livestock Technical Team.
- Assist in development of farmer groups in coordination with the district extension, livestock managers and Community Development Councils (CDCs) in order to work efficiently and effectively.
- Closely work with other extension workers of the project to ensure quality service, cooperation and coordination.
- Assist farmer groups to identify priority Extension and Agricultural development issues and formulate community-based action plans.
- Ensuring that gender-mainstreamed in all livestock activities, ensure the implementation of all gender targets, ensure the inclusion of activities of interest for women such as food preparation, milk production, processing, storage, etc.
- Ensuring to established livestock value chain( input & output delivery)
- Follow the seasonal calendar for conducting such trainings.
- Collection of data on production and productivity, processing of livestock products, breed improvement, feeding, forage production/conservation, involvement of male and female farmers in management and marketing, of livestock products etc.
- Keep all the record of activities.
- Help male or female extension workers and farmers to plan and implement the agricultural activities.
- It is a field-based position. So, she/he will spend 80 % time in field and should be ready to travel to field (all districts and villages) of the province and conduct the meeting in the field to the livestock farmer groups.
- Participate in stakeholder’s meetings.
- Provide Agriculture and livestock extension services to farmers that are input provision, land preparation, production, agro processing and commercialization of the agricultural products (fodder crops) through various methods of extension and training.
- Conduct filed demonstration and prepareits reports.
- Help to link the farmer groups “FGs” with the service delivery organization such as Veterinary Field Units (VFUs) or any other animal health providers etc.
- Coordinate to develop, manage and conduct the workshops and trainings and other agricultural extension education models.
- Liaise with livestock processors/entrepreneurs:
- Keep records and notes about all important observations and recommendations made;
- Keep good work discipline and report daily activities and field observations in written form to the provincial coordinators.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the coordinator.
· Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, DVM, Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences or any other related field with 3 years’ of relevant experience.
· Working knowledge of the sector and experience in livestock.
· Good report and success stories writing skills.
· Computer knowledge ( should know office packages and internet )
· Ability to remain organized and punctual.
· Ability in English language (verbal and written communication.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a covering letter as follow conditions:
Please send your CV along with a cover letter
Subject line must be: (Extension Worker -069/MAIL/SNaPP2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.