|Date Posted:||Jun 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
UNOPS strategy for Afghanistan is aimed at providing maximum support to the Government and people of Afghanistan though the delivery of projects and services in line with the government’s own priorities. The UNOPS Afghanistan Operation Center (AFOC) has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS AFOC is implementing a number of projects in a range of sectors including infrastructure (roads and schools) development, capacity building to various ministries, and environmental protection, among others, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community.
The functional objective of UNOPS AFOC is to deliver projects in an efficient and effective manner, to achieve the development outcomes sought by the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community, where capacity building is always considered and encouraged. The aim of UNOPS AFOC is to provide implementation services to the Government of Afghanistan, the donor community and partner agencies in the reconstruction and development of the country. In doing so, UNOPS aims to exceed client expectations in the delivery of quality services throughout the country.
Responsible to the OC Director, and reporting to the Head of Support Services (HOSS), and working routinely with the QA/QC Unit, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall management of Cost Recovery project activities, including but not limited to:
Requires travel to provinces:
https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/12.png">Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/7.png">Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/8.png">Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/9.png">Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/10.png">Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/5.png">Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/11.png">Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/6.png">Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of all business cases for potential Cost Recovery activities, and ensure timely submission for approval;
- Manage the lease agreement process and ensure timely dissemination of all agreements to clients;
- Manage and monitor project activities including project planning, implementation, budget control, forecasting, and project delivery;
- Ensure adherence to reporting requirements for internal and external clients, including to Project Boards (as appropriate for each engagement);
- In close consultation with the HOSS, ensure coherent work plans and budgets are in place for all activities in the Cost Recovery project;
- Ensure integrity of financial and administrative operations in the project area by exercising oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the projects, in consultation with the HOSS;
- Ensure strict and consistent application of UNOPS rules and regulations and ensure implementation of clear accountability mechanisms;
- Ensure human resources needed for project implementation are identified, recruited and managed in accordance with approved project staffing requirements;
- Manage, plan, and monitor project procurement and contracting processes;
- Provide management and direction to respective work-package teams on substantive and managerial aspects;
- Monitor all project activities in relation to respective work plans and take corrective action, when necessary, to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of the projects’ outputs;
- Establish and confirm appropriate milestones and ensure constant monitoring of all cost recovery project activities against milestones;
- In consultation with the Partnerships Development Office (PDU), identify and develop business opportunities for Cost Recovery and support client relationship building;
- Ensure client satisfaction and improved service delivery across the entire Cost Recovery project;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the HOSS.
- Ensure integrity of financial systems, review of budget requirements and the consistent application of rules and regulations;
- Ensure proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with UNOPS financial rules and regulations.
- Routine monitoring of financial exception reports for all project activities and transactions and ensure that expenditures are in accordance with the project’s budgets.
- Oversee and manage construction activities with close coordination with QA/QC & HSSE Team.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to contractors regarding economical but quality materials to be used to contribute to sustainability.
- Coordinate and liaise with other UN organizations inside UNOCA for any service connections or any facilities enhancement that may require to connect to the existing mains.
Submit monthly highlight reports to the HOSS
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Advanced University Degree (Masters) in Project Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a relevant field. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field will be accepted, with additional years of relevant work experience.