|Date Posted:||Jul 20, 2020|
|Reference:||Facility Management Officer|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to providing high quality healthcare services to Afghans. Considering the increasing incidence of various types of cancers among Afghans and non-existence of a comprehensive cancer centre, MoPH decided to deliver cancer healthcare services to cancer patients through establishing a cancer department. Based on WHO estimates, nearly 20,000 Afghans suffer from various types of cancers each year while more than 15,000 die every year. The most common types of cancers are that of breast, oesophagus, stomach, lip/oral, cervical and lung.
The Cancer Center in Jumhuriat Hospital is working since August 2016. The Cancer Center’s OPD and walking clinic are located on second floor of the four-storey building with more than ten rooms. In addition, the 29-bed medical oncology unit is located on the 9th floor of Jumhuriat Hospital. Moreover, the 16-bed surgical oncology unit is situated on the 10th floor.
Under the supervision of Cancer Center supervisor and/or facility manager, the facility management assistant will be responsible for ensuring that the day to day running of the Cancer Center is undertaken safely, efficiently and effectively, at all times with a can do attitude, to support the staff working in the Cancer Center, visitors to the offices and the meeting room facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute regular maintenance plans for all co-op physical plants and equipment
- Maintain a well-organized inventory of maintenance supplies and tools.
- Advise Cancer Center supervisor regarding needs of supplies and tools
- With Cancer Center Manager and/or facility manager, provide 24 hour on-call troubleshooting of co-op facilities and equipment problems.
- Track any repair and maintenance invoices and submit for approval to the Facilities Manager.
- Help execute regular floor stripping/waxing, window-washing and gutter cleaning for all locations.
- Coordinate with maintenance contractors and vendors to supervise and monitor extermination, plumbing, appliance maintenance, electrical and other services as needed
- Participate in periodic deep cleaning projects. This would include inside and outside of the facility.
- As assigned, help repair and maintain of the fleet of vehicles.
- Monitor and restock countertop items in restrooms as needed
- Participate in all aspects of special events at all locations.
- On a daily basis, inspect and maintain the interior and exterior premises (grounds, building, and parking, garage,) including removal of debris
- Ensure a full supply of office commodities is maintained
- Provide coverage of the reception desk as needed
- Monitor inventory of linens used and launder in on-site washer/dryer as needed
- Carry out other tasks assigned by Cancer center Manager.
- Close coordination with Ward manger.
- Stock keeper-must be under supervisor of
- Participation on all meeting
- Participant the maintenance plant weekly plan and time sheet
- Minimum bachelor degree in field of BBA also Preference to master in any field.
- At least 5 years of administrative work experience in any organization
- Good Knowledge of English language
- Computer literacy including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite. - Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Organization and planning
Attention to detail
- Maintenance Plan
- Monitoring plan