|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Since 2011, Turquoise Mountain has operated the Ferozkoh Family Health Centre which offers community-oriented primary health care and training in family medicine in the heart of the Murad Khani. It specializes in maternal-child health and community health outreach. Its mission is to develop a model of urban primary healthcare that is sustainable, affordable, accessible, continuous, comprehensive, and integrated with other health services in Kabul. Since 2011 almost 120,000 patients have been treated at the clinic.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans
- Undertaking antenatal care in homes and in the clinic
- Providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their relatives.
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Caring for and assisting women in labor
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions according to physician order.
- Monitoring the fetus during labor
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Writing records
- Tutoring student midwives and nurse
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Supervising junior staff
- Organizing workloads
- Midwives may work on a rota and be on call to provide care on a 24-hour basis.
- Diploma in Midwife/Nursing.
- Four years of experience in related field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English or Afghan Local Languages, and a working level of the other is a significant advantage
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Strong willingness to work in the community
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong observational skills
- An interest in the process of pregnancy and birth
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work with people from different backgrounds
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Caring and patient Good health and fitness
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Ability to use initiative