|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Since 2011, Turquoise Mountain has operated the Ferozkoh Family Health Centre which offers community-oriented primary health care and training in family medicine in the heart of the Murad Khani. It specializes in maternal-child health and community health outreach. Its mission is to develop a model of urban primary healthcare that is sustainable, affordable, accessible, continuous, comprehensive, and integrated with other health services in Kabul. Since 2011 almost 120,000 patients have been treated at the clinic.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments
- Perform common minor surgical procedures and (Family planning and early pregnancy evaluation and management, Musculoskeletal injections, Spirometry, laceration repair, suturing etc.…)
- Ensure organizing the capacity building opportunities, conducting regular Continued Medical Educational Seminars, periodic clinical rounds and discussions, relevant training sessions for non-clinicians like vaccinators, nurses, pharmacists, X-ray and lab technicians
- Management and expansion of the Immunization services beyond the EPI from MoPH
- Preparing and managing patient education materials including clinic publicity and marketing materials for the community and patients
- Support efficiency of the community health programs
- Establish and follow standards of care for common women’s health-related issues and illnesses, especially antenatal and postnatal care, and provide family planning.
- Give proper education to patients in under FFHC’s coverage area community and shrine as requested.
- Hold Antenatal (ANC) health education classes, at least weekly with increase as needed.
- Willingness to be trained, acquires new skills, update medical knowledge, and attend and take lectures according to FFHC training program.
- Standard ultrasound examination and reporting and ability to examine patients in community.
- Maintaining appropriate medical records.
- Consultation with medical doctors in difficult cases.
- Complete the patient files, especially the super-bill, on the same day of service.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- MD Degree with family physician specialization of 3 years’ in Family Medicine Residency
- One year of experience in Obs/Gyn field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English or Afghan Local Languages, and a working level of the other is a significant advantage
- Ensure good coordination and communication and team work.
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Strong willingness to work in the community
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong observational skills
- An interest in the process of pregnancy and birth
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work with people from different backgrounds
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Caring and patient Good health and fitness
- Caring and compassionate nature
Female candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 23, 2019. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – Family Physician Specialist + last name.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.