|Date Posted:||Nov 11, 2010|
|Reference:||URC- 038- 10- 01|
|Closing Date:||Nov 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About University Reasearch Co.,LLC Health Care Improvement HCI:
The USAID-funded HCI-Afghanistan Project goal is to develop the improvement capability in the health sector in Afghanistan. URC-HCI proposes to do so through working with counterparts in the MOPH, PPHDs and NGOs providing services in order to adapt and apply the Science of Health Care Improvement, including the Improvement Collaborative Approach, to bring about significant and rapid improvement in health outcomes for patients in Afghanistan.
The USAID/Health Care Improvement Project is seeking an experienced FP improvement officer who will coordinate the overall implementation of the PPFP improvement collaborative in Kabul maternity hospitals. The incumbent will closely work with the HCI Kabul Maternity Hospital Quality Improvement Team. This is a full time position, based in Kabul.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinate postpartum family planning activities and updates with MoPH reproductive health senior officials and department staff; participate in national reproductive health forums (taskforce, working and technical groups, workshop) to represent FP program and update partners and stakeholders on FP progress.
2. Regularly visit PPFP QI teams in selected hospitals, review current system of family planning and challenges together with teams and help them find out interventions to improve it.
3. Closely work with FP working group and technical advisory group to review program updates, develop and adapt necessary materials for training of FP QI teams, counseling materials and other program supporting documents
4. Plan, and facilitate trainings to FP QI teams and those who have the responsibility of counseling to postpartum mothers and their husbands.
5. Working together with M and E team to develop tools for FP implementation monitoring and follow-up of clients.
6. Ensure the accuracy and protocol based data collection from program sites, periodically review the data with M and E staff to observe inconsistencies and provide feedback for improvement.
7. Provide coaching visits to the selected sites of the FP IC, observe counseling sessions, follow-up of the clients and support FP QI teams with providing instructions to help program implementation
8. Coordinate efforts and facilitate to conduct learning sessions among FP QI teams for sharing updates, experiences and challenges. Make sure that the program is producing better outcome in the end of learning sessions and other capacity building events.
9. Contribute to the process of conducting assessment/survey if planned for measuring program indicators, provide field visits and conduct on call contact with clients for program follow-up
10. Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
â€¢ Graduated from recognized medical or midwifery institute.
â€¢ More than 3 years experience of working in safe-motherhood programs and family planning
â€¢ Excellent written fluency and accuracy in English Language, and computer skills are necessary.
â€¢ Fluency written and reading local languages (Pashtu and Dari).
â€¢ Ability to coordinate efforts among teams and produce better results.
Preferred Additional skills and experience:
â€¢ Experience with Effective counseling and post discharge follow up
â€¢ Effective teaching and training skills
â€¢ Good reporting skills