|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Center for Training and Development - ACTD:
Afghanistan Center for Training and Development â€œACTDâ€ is a registered non for profit, non-political and non-governmental independent organization working for development and transformation of civil society in Afghanistan. ACTD was established in March 2007 by a group of Afghan professionals to offer research, training and consultancy services in order to develop practically applicable knowledge. ACTD is currently operating in 19 provinces of the country providing services in the fields of community and civil society development, training/capacity building, research, and health service delivery.
The Female Nurses are needed to provide health care services for patient with focus on ANC and PNC. The positions are available at Tarkhuck DH, Tiber CHC,
Sozmaqala CHC, Kata Qala CHC, Adring CHC, Seydabad CHC,
Pasani CHC and Syad CHC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To be responsible to the provision of nursing care to patients
2. provide nursing care in dressing and injection
3. To help the midwife in delivery
4. To help the female doctor in consultation
5. Maintain a good level of hygiene in the clinic.
6. To dispose of all sharp and glass waste in a safe manner according the guidelines
7. To provide appropriate health education sessions individually and in groups to patients
8. To identify and report immediately any problems that may interfere in achieving program objectives
9. To perform night duty as required
10. To take active part in CHWs training and supervisions as requested
11. To take any other relevant responsibilities given by the Health facility in-charge
12. To develop good understanding of BPHS strategy and PPA objectives and help other staff aware about the same
1. Graduate from a recognized medical faculty or nursing school or other medical/public health professional.
2. Minimum 2years practical working experience
3. Excellent written and verbal communication local languages is required
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in a multi-cultural environment is required.